• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Group events

Photography

Eyewash

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
clutter1.JPG
leica_lllC.JPG
brick1.JPG

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I can say that I've never shot any of those cameras. I did shoot something in elementary school, maybe a Brownie? One roll of film that we developed in class and contact printed. Am I seeing rust on some of yours?

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've run film thru most of them, just for the fun of it. The folder in the background in the top shot has the bellows all deteriorated, so it's just something to look at. Shutter in the Leica is brittle and non-functional, the leather on the outside is dried out and loose from the body. The leaf shutters all work, the Brownie is a trip! One blade, spring actuated. Like a guillotine. Haven't had it on a timer but guessing it's about 1/60th. The gray "Pony" 35mm has two blades, speeds adjustable from 1/8 to 1/200 and ∱4.5 to 22. Doubtful if the shutter is anything close to accurate. Very "Kodakian"... affordable and worked well in it's day for advanced "snapshooters." The leather case setting on the Brownie has an "extinction meter" in it. A "DREM INSTOSCOPE" made in Austria. Have a look-up of that, it'll likely amuse you. The Graflex is a working camera, the lens/shutter are fine. And this one has the optional focal plane shutter. That's gone stiff though. Yes, most of the cameras have some "brassing" or some rust. But hey, they're neat to look at and are a short physical 'history' of the craft.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
That is pretty cool in its simplicity. Just progressing layers of ND I'd imagine. My old Pentax spot meter works the same as far as the steps go. The gauges are likely copied from your gadget.
20210626_150912.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Likely so. All reliant on an EV number. Your spot meter removed a bit of the head scratching though.