• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Driving weather!

texas_bugeye

Jedi Knight
50 And sunny no wind.
Top down, ah who am I kidding dont even own a top for the BE!
Going to run some erands pickup fixins for some homemade tacos and pickup my son from school a very nice day! With what sounds like a handful more to come!

5 below this AM- hit a high of about 7 above....

V

vagt6

We 'sposed to get over a foot of the white stuff between now and tomorrow nite.

My white Midget would look nice in the snow, but I'm not about to take her out of the nice, cozy garage.

Looks like some snow shovelin' in my immediate future . . . :cry:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
....still a mosquito problem here....

:devilgrin:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Out here it's not so much the cold or snow (though we have plenty of both) as it is the road salt. Nasty stuff. My motorcycle and the Tunebug won't reemerge until March or April once the rains have cleared off the roads a bit.

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
Lot's o' salt here in Michigan too, although I almost fired up the Midget this afternoon for quick run around the block, I like to get it's juices flowing a couple times over the winter but I decided I didn't have enough time to let it get good and warm and a quick cold run is probably worse then letting it sit.

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
A picture of the brides ford festiva just now.
013-2.jpg

V

vagt6

Weather update:

As of about 8:30AM we have almost 15 inches of snow with approximately another FOOT to come.

People stranded in cars on U.S. 29 south of town, National Guard troops checking parked cars on the highways and Interstate to help stranded motorists.

The real deal, a huge winter storm. Nothing like this in more than a decade, at least.

I'm gonna pull my dash gauges out and clean them up, purchased the new rubber gaskets for them last summer. Also, gotta read the spark plugs.

Winter storms: not <span style="font-style: italic">all</span> bad (easy for me to say, I ain't stranded in my car on I-64 :yesnod:).

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Daytime pics. Its 28 here and the snow ain't going anywhere and a truck ain't dropped a plow anywhere near my area from what I can tell. The interstate is moving but Its all quiet. No airplanes, no interstate noise, just all muffled.
0132.jpg
012-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-5.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Thy snow has infected BCF! Nothing but sleet and freezing rain here in Pumpkintown. Froze the fan on the heat pump last night by coating the blades with ice.
Quest for Snow this afternoon in the Cruiser. Judging by Kim's pics we will not have to travel far. :wink:

BTW: love the holiday ice theme Basil! :thumbsup:

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Gundy said:
Thy snow has infected BCF! Nothing but sleet and freezing rain here in Pumpkintown. Froze the fan on the heat pump last night by coating the blades with ice.
Quest for Snow this afternoon in the Cruiser. Judging by Kim's pics we will not have to travel far. :wink:
Not far at all. They were requiring studded tires, chains or 4wd to be on the roads in brevard area last night. Not a good day for a run up 276 :wink: At least its pretty flat down there around pumkin town. I got to climb 100 feet to get out my drive and then go down 300 feet or so just to get to the end of my road. Quite an adventure just to get to the nearest store. I think its a law her in the mountains that everyone must get out in the snow and go to the grocery store and buy up all the bread and milk that they can find. I don't really get that. Power is back on and everything so we are in good shape now. Wood fire roaring.

Sunny and Beautiful here today..
28 degrees F

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Top down or top up Morris?[/QUOTE]

"topp ooop" what is this "topp ooop" you speak of???

Ps. Great pics Kim! In theory I am jealous. The idea of snow is very romantic to me. However, as noted in previous posts, I do poorly in cold weather.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Morris said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Top down or top up Morris?

"topp ooop" what is this "topp ooop" you speak of???

Ps. Great pics Kim! In theory I am jealous. The idea of snow is very romantic to me. However, as noted in previous posts, I do poorly in cold weather. [/QUOTE]

Actually the I'm all over the romantic idea of snow - but just the idea :cryin: sadly I get too much reality