• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Denis Welch Dual Circuit Brakes [BN2]?????

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Oooo- That's nice. I've never used one before but sounds interesting. At about 300 (pounds) approx. $450 plus shipping a little expensive. However, the high precision oil can shown here Precision Oil Can really sounds cool, and it's only approx. 20 (pounds). Thanks for the link.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
E

Eric_P

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well, for the 100/4 it was only 200 pounds. And yeah, it requires 2 master cylinders, about 70 pounds each. For me, a new master cylinder (already rebuilt mine a few times) would be expensive and the safety of two circuits, plus the balance factor (especially with the potential to race this car) was worth it. Frankly, after racing an early 911, these parts seem cheap! Yikes!

We'll see how it comes out...

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At about 300 (pounds) approx. $450 plus shipping a little expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's only part of it, another master cylinder is needed too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep JW, but you can skin that cat using the old Land Rover Dual master cylinder and Volvo Proportioning valves, all from the Breaker yard.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

burgundyben

Jedi Hopeful
Very nice! As with most things form Dennis Welch.

Do you really need them though? our BN1 stops on a six pence (thats a daft english expression you may not understand, means I think the brakes are great). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice! As with most things form Dennis Welch.

Do you really need them though? our BN1 stops on a six pence (thats a daft english expression you may not understand, means I think the brakes are great). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

---Naw, on this side of the pond ours are more efficient and we say " She stops on a dime and leaves you 5 cents Change. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif-Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of things from Welch, anyone have a US source for big Healey rear brake conversion to disk??? I'm told it can be made to work on the SP250.

[/ QUOTE ]

----WOT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Nevah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif--No Dart, I do not Know of a source for DW bits which are distributed over here. However, you might check with the Roadster Factory there may be a Triumph conversion that will work.---Keoke

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif
--Hey Dart ! you still listening? Those chaps across the pond and down in "OZ" have a R&P steering kit that make that TupperWare thing go where you point it!-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

OP
E

Eric_P

Freshman Member
Country flag
Need them? Nope. Want them, yep. Plus (and maybe I'm over-reacting) I've heard some ugly stories of early cars' brakes failing. Racing I've always thought brakes are the key so I thought I'd optimize there (especially since I'm holding off doing front discs to stay legal).