• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Delayed intro

Salyers890

Hey guys, i feel terrible, 3 of my posts are up top dead center of the forum. ... . don't worry, questions almost answered.
Reading down the line of posts here i noticed something that i haven't seen on any forums i've used before, people introducing themselves. What a friendly bunch you are, especially knowing how frustrated you must be (you own a spridget, duh). well, here goes
i'm 21 and in my last year of college. When i was born, my father bought a 76 MG midget with 43k on the speedo. Drove it to his friend's property and there it sat for 13 years, then it came to my garage and sat for 2 more. At 15, i started to work on it. . . learning more and more, i developed the confidence to actually drive it on the expressway knowing that I had made the necessary repairs. Now i'm interested in turning it into a chrome bumper classic, as i do have chrome wire wheels on it. I ended up gettin a few good deals emptying out people's storage of new or rebuilt parts, so i'm armed with the right tools.
I love my midget and wouldn't trade it for anything, my best friend saw how much fun it was he bought one too (a '79 cali car, ziebarted). I am really glad i found this forum with many others who appreciate these little buggers. thanks for sooooo much help already and i'll be glad to give anyone here any info i can offer. when i'm done with my car, i'll also have many parts available (anything i still have tripples of) here's a before and after

thanks guys

Attachments

• 81864-mg4-16-03smaller.jpg
    81864-mg4-16-03smaller.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 126
OP
S

Salyers890

painted myself in the garage - i'd say it's a 20/20 paint job (looks good from 20 feet, or as it's going 20mph - it isn't the color i wanted, just the cheapest laquer i could find. . .it was meant to be a learning project - and learn i did. . . . MY car is going to be blue with chrome bumpers on it. hopefully i can use what i learned to make it much better (best advice painting - make sure you have enough space, sweep sweep sweep, no dust!, don't use plastic to mask areas off, and if you miss a spot keep on going cause there's more coats going on.) thanks for the compliment though, i'm proud of it no matter how it looks.

Mike

norcalnewb

Thanks for the advice. After I actually get mine running, I hope to paint it as well. Again, it looks like you did a good job to me; I would be proud to.

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. I'm a relative newbie myself. I like the direction you're headed with the Midget. It's amazing to me how much of a difference in appearance wire wheels make with these little cars.

Kurtis