• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Curtains for a Longbridge 100-6

Country flag
I know this isn't a question, but I've got to share it with somebody (somebodies?) that will understand why I'm so happy. After YEARS of looking, I've finally found a set of curtains for my 100-6 Longbridge built Healey. Many thanks to my good friend Doug (MrFinespanner) who located them for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AndrewMawson

Jedi Trainee
Well that's a relief. I was expecting to hear a tragic story of a 100-6 being destroyed. 'Curtains' here in the UK is a euphamism for death !

Not sure where it originates from, possibly the tradition that house curtains would be kept closed during mourning

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Wow, no, that's not what I meant. But this same car had a "near death" experience last spring. It had been in the shop for over a year, body work, paint, etc. I finally brought it home on a Friday, and the following Monday I was taking it about 8 miles down the road to have new tires put on it. Less than a mile from my house a lady ran a red light and turned in front of me. I managed to get it turned slightly off center before the impact, and we just lost the front right side of it. All I could see in the couple of seconds before the crash was all of the work that had been done on her, and what was about to happen. Happily, she survived, and is now on the road "better than ever".

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
O.K. Call me stupid, but if they're not frilly fabric, what are curtains?

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
sorry - windows that bolt on to the doors.

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
sorry - windows that bolt on to the doors.

[/ QUOTE ]
The guy that sold me my Healey (1957 100/6 2-seater) said that roll-up windows were for sissies!

markshaw

You are luckey if you found a complete set!! It took me a couple of years to gather the necessary parts to make a set for my Longbridge BN4 100-6. Were you able to get a pair of the "star" nuts to attach the front mounts? Many think the single or double wing nuts were used. They were not!! Also do yours have small handles to slide the front window back?
The pair I have do have a small chrome knob screwed to the plexiglass. I have seen one other pair with the same.
Mark Shaw

John Loftus

Darth Vader
[ QUOTE ]
The guy that sold me my Healey (1957 100/6 2-seater) said that roll-up windows were for sissies!

[/ QUOTE ]

So Randy .. with power windows (BMW's for example) would he say those are for poofters? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,
John

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Randy .. with power windows (BMW's for example) would he say those are for poofters? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers,
John

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's good that he's not still around to see what I've allowed myself to be spoiled by /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

bighly

Jedi Knight
[quoteThe guy that sold me my Healey (1957 100/6 2-seater) said that roll-up windows were for sissies!

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that imply BMWs are for sissys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif See my friends attached licence plate photo.
292044-S_over-riders.jpg

Attachments

• 292044-S_over-riders.jpg
    292044-S_over-riders.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 82
OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
I don't have the "star" nuts yet, but I'm pretty sure I can get a set. As for the chrome handle for the front panel, I've never heard of it. Any chance of you posting a picture? Seems like every time I think I've got something figured out, something new pops up!

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[quoteThe guy that sold me my Healey (1957 100/6 2-seater) said that roll-up windows were for sissies!

[/ QUOTE ]

So does that imply BMWs are for sissys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
With 315hp (gray car) and 350hp (black one), mine certainly aren't.

I can guarantee that the acceleration is so fierce (in either one) that you'll need to remind yourself to breath.

Moreover, the only time they didn't bring me back home, was because of another driver running into them (once each). No mechanical or electrical failures have left me on the road in over (a combined) 100,000 miles (74k+ blk car & 36k+ gray car).

I keep the Healey to remind me how good the BMWs really are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bighly

Jedi Knight
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Randy