• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cruise Night last Night

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Was British Night at the Pier 4 weekly cruise night - which means preferred parking. This has to be the nicest weekly cruise location I have ever been to, right at the edge of Hamilton Harbour - and a beautiful park. Beatles tribute band and lots and lots of people. Just a few pics, not all British, some really poor quality (didn't realize how bright the sun really was) but a gorgeous evening!

this was parked just on front of me - watched him get in to leave - I don't know how regular sized humans fit?

Just plain pretty - and how often do you see a Coupe?

This was gorgeous

My friend Larry's Bond Bug, Peter Svilens (who used to work for the microcar museum, says this is the best restored Bond Bug in the world - I believe him. Terrifying to ride in though.

Larry owns the Scargo too (and 23 or so other cars)

the beetle, while a little overdone was lovely

This the scenery BTW

This DKW Junior has never been restored, fabulous patina! The owner has every bit of paper that ever came with the car - including every parking ticket the previous owner ever received.

You just know I am going to love this

bizarre

love the way the spare moves to gas up

Interesting exhaust treatment

all in all a wonderful time!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
JP - were there many "teens and early 20s" people there? I'm wondering if younger folks still have interest in unusual cars.

Tom

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JP - were there many "teens and early 20s" people there? I'm wondering if younger folks still have interest in unusual cars.

Tom

There were some - not as many as you would hope, but, if I think about it, I do think there are young people at least coming out to see (and take pictures) One of the things that we don't always acknowledge is that there are "seasons" of hobby participation, so, if you are starting out and in an apartment a car hobby is not for you - or first home (big mortgage) or young kids etc. etc. So, I couldn't get into the hobby until I was in my 40's - just from a time & money standpoint. Of course there is also the issue of "the cool car you couldn't get when you were 16-18" being the car you want to buy/restore. For young people now that will be an Acura/ NSX etc. etc. which will be far more complicated to work on - and possibly beyond many shade tree mechanics.

George_H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Wow, you have great cruise nights up there. Here its mostly hot rods plus lots of vettes and mustangs. The only weird car was a Lloyd Alexander (I had to look it up) its german and small (2 cylinder)

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Wow, you have great cruise nights up there. Here its mostly hot rods plus lots of vettes and mustangs. The only weird car was a Lloyd Alexander (I had to look it up) its german and small (2 cylinder)

Sometimes they come out of the woodwork. Most typical nites are exactly as you describe. FWIW, my friend Larry bough a brand new 1961 ( or so) Lloyd about 5 years ago. Never registered, never driven. It is a time capsule!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
That MGA is a Twin-Cam (by the look of the knock-on steel wheels). Or possibly, a Deluxe. Rare either way. Wonderful looking Deux Chevaux. And yes, we get VWs that are a bit overdone like that here. I was at a VW show near my house earlier this year and saw many like that. Still......kinda cool. I race against my friend, Storm who has a black MGA coupe all the time (he's in a lot of my vids). Here he is doing something to it. :highly_amused:
mccabe-jeff-500-static-15.jpg