• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Concours guidelines

57_BN4

The method of purchasing concours guidelines is shall we say a bit old fashioned... I'd like to obtain a copy using current methods such as Paypal or c/c.

If anyone is willing to accept payment via the above on behalf of the appropriate authorities and email me the relevant BN4 Longbridge sections of the current concours guidelines I'd be very appreciative. Please PM me if interested, I don't mind paying a 'finders fee' for your trouble.

Cheers,
Andy.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
TRY This

Volker,
Another idea is to join the Austin Healey Club USA and then be able to download the entire restoration series authored by the same two Healey guru's, Roger Moment and Gary Anderson. It is excellent and available to anyone in the club. Also, Roger indicated to me that a new updated version of their bible will be coming out in the not too distant future, including color pics as well. Sure we we would love to add another member from Germany ! www.healey.org
Regards,
Mike

richch

Jedi Trainee
The Guidelines encompass all series together, with common features stated first, then a breakdown per each specific series follows. It would be impossible to "extract the BN4 features" from the rest of the text.
I would also suggest that there is so much more specific detail there than the restoration series covers. In addition it is growing constantly with more data and detail added each year culled from the collective knowledge and experience of everybody's input and carefully screened and proven by the 11 of us on the Concours steering committee.
It's a helluva deal for the cost of the disc.

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Andy - The Guidelines are a great buy for the money. The photos are excellent and the Concours committee members will generally be able to answer any of your questions. You must remember that very specific questions related to the Longbridge BN4's will be difficult to be answered since there have been very few 2porthead models been entered into Concours in the past. Less than 4? But I understand there are to be perhaps 6 more to be entered into Concours within the near future?
jim :driving:

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sounds like I need to buy this. I only have an old paper copy from the 1990s. An updated disc with photos would be good to have. I can use it to go back and see how many things I did wrong on my restoration using the old guidelines. :lol:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well Bill, at least you can say you had somthing to lead you in the wrong direction--Keoke-- :jester:

richch

Jedi Trainee
The 2011 Guidelines will not contradict earlier data, it's just that over the years more is learned, details are refined, a clearer picture is formed.
As for the early Longbridge BN4, there has been a lot more data added in the last 3 year's editions, including pictures, etc.
It's true we (National Concours Registry judges) haven't yet had the opportunity to judge an early BN4 that has all the early Longbridge features right, but we have the details pretty much nailed down and are looking forward to it.

BertVanBrande

Country flag
Hi Andy,

If you don't have a practical solution I can accept paypal and forward a check to the concours registry here in the US. The amount of information is amazing and practical in searchable and printable pdf-files.

cheers,

Bert