• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - SPRITE turn...

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
... but, dang it, SUCH a disappointing guest to use! Didn't even know who she (Miranda) was, and she doesn't get out of character (a dreadful character) until the show is over.

https://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

There is an opening segment, then comes the Sprite part (1960 Bugeye). The REAL person guest even concedes, in the very brief post-show segment, that she plays an "awful human being." :grumpy:

[EDIT: with the release of the Saab one, today, the Sprite one is called "Miranda Sings"]

Last edited:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Loved the Saab.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Worst "Comedians in Cars..." I've ever seen... 20 minutes I'll never get back. Disappointing choice of guest for a car that always brings a smile to people...

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Worst "Comedians in Cars..." I've ever seen... 20 minutes I'll never get back. Disappointing choice of guest for a car that always brings a smile to people...

Couldn't agree more, Gerard. I'm not a huge Seinfeld fan (never saw his show) but I have seen some of these and in general he's not a bad interviewer, with some interesting insight into the comedy world and business. This was just horrible. I made it through the intro and a little into their drive and gave up. Too bad that the world's happiest car was saddled with that.

nomad

Yoda
Personally, I laughed my a$$ off!! I've known some women like that! Though, I admit, I couldn't stand the whole segment!

Loved the Saab 96 as well. When we were thrashing British cars in my youth around local auto cross's there was a 96 that was unbeatable till he replaced it with a similarly unbeatable Sonnet. I also followed the exploits of Eric Carlson in international rally's. Eric's RAC winning 96 is in a museum not far from me.

Kurt.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
As I first stated, I found it hard to get beyond her made-up persona... and kept thinking when she would break out of it. Maybe if she'd appeared like she did at the end, I might have enjoyed that (after the last Acura commercial). Frankly, I didn't much care for the new Mustang Boss 302 one either, but I DO like most of the ones he's previously done (notably last year with Mel Brookes, Don Rickles, Jon Stewart, David Letterman, etc.). The Saab one (and I've only seen the preview and looks like it was made here in Portland) was supposed to come out just today (Dec. 4th).

Anyway, of all the ones NOT to like it was the Sprite one!!! Arrrrgh.

Last edited:

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!!!
Rut

NullReturned

Freshman Member
While I agree it would have been better if she wasn't "in character" for pretty much the whole deal, I was laughing my butt off as well. Nothing was better than her getting in quips and Jerry trying not to laugh. Plus, keep in mind... she is a young female comedian, who's majority audience is on YouTube. Now there is a huge cross between ages and audiences that she was on an in character. Obviously Jerry was okay with it, or else he wouldn't have done it or let it air.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
True enough. Good publicity for the youngin's. :fat: