• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cobra from Brazil

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Anyone know anything about this company or their car aside from the fact that their Engish is rather poor on the website?

https://www.vssy.com/deutsch/english.html

Regardless, the price is great for a Cobra but I have owned and seen many Brazilian made cars and they quite literally fall apart.

Bruce

G

Looks interesting. I was considering going with a Cobra kit a few years back, and I came to the conclusion that with most kits, you really do get what you pay for. The Factory 5 cars are the cheapest cobra kits I've found, you can put a whole car together for 15K. They keep the price down by using a donor fox platform Mustang for sourcing alot of the mechanical pieces. However, after seeing one or two at shows, I found the proportions of the car to be a bit compromised due to this fact, which turned me off to them. I want someone to have to get on their hands and knees, under the car or in the engine bay, to tell it's a kit. Personally I like the Superformance cars the best. I ran into a guy with one at a show last summer, and the car was amazing. He went all the way, Ford 427 (a real 427, not a stroked and bored small block), you name it. It even had the correct door latches, which are sourced from a MG-T series car I believe. He bought the car turnkey, and paid alot for it, like Viper money, but in my opinion it was worth every penny. It was 100% true to the original. He parked it next to a CSX Cobra, a real one (dash signed by Shelby no less), and you could not tell the difference without getting into the nitty gritty. Thats what changed my mind about building one, I came to the conclusion that I was never going to get one that would satisfy my taste for being as authentic as possible with the money that I had available.

Best thing to do is go see the car up close for yourself. I know thats hard to do with a car built in Brazil, but they must have some way of putting potential buyers in contact with others in their country that might already own one so that they can see it. Superformance cars are built in South Africa, but they have a few distributors here in the US that you can visit to see the cars.

I've heard ERA makes a nice kit also. The ones on their website look nice but I've not seen one up close.

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
I would be wary of any Cobra that titles itself a "427" and only comes with a 302. And who would even consider an automatic tranny? Although the completely chromed Cobra would be a sight. I once saw a completely chromed Jag. It was wicked!

G

[ QUOTE ]
And who would even consider an automatic tranny?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised what people will do (or maybe not). I read about a guy who had an automatic installed in a Viper roadster, very expensive custom conversion. The car was for his wife, and she didn't know how to drive stick. I think they got the auto from a V10 Ram pickup. That's heresy in my book...

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
People who can't drive stick shouldn't be allowed to get a drivers license. The best replicas I have seen are the South African ones, those are beautiful cars, I especially like their Cobra Coupes.