• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cleaning tonneau cover and boot...

lbc_newbie

Jedi Warrior
Since Midge is in the shop, I'm going through some of the stuff I got with the car. There is a salvageable tonneau cover and boot. They are rather pungent from moisture and have some stains related to being damp (some type of mold discoloration). Any ideas on how to clean these up? I hear some boating products work, but don't know of any by name...

walshja

Jedi Warrior
Ed, order the following product, I GUARANTEE that this will be the easiest and most effective product you can buy.
https://www.trimshine.com/

I recently purchased a tonneau and it had stains and discolorations, a simple spray application of the Stoners Trim Shine product it looks brand new. there is no oily finish, no scrubbing, just a brand new looking finish.

Seriously, this will be the best money you can spend.

mk2sprite

Jedi Hopeful
Joe
I had not heard of this product before. Am looking to order some and try it out. What happens with overspray? any bad effect on paint?
How long does it last?
Any thing else you can tell me about it is appreciated.
Always looking for good products like this.
Mike

walshja

Jedi Warrior
Overspray is not a problem according to the can. No negative affects on paint. And it seems to last forever, only needing to be sprayed when it gets stained again. what wears off is the shine, it will dull over time like armor all would. but this product doesn't leave any oily residue like armor oil, nor is it as shiny. when you spray it on, it evaporates withing seconds leaving it looking brand new, with no product left behind.

I use this on my BMW engine bay, which has a lot of black trim and black hoses. I seriously makes my engine bay look brand new. I have no idea how it works, as it isn't a cover up product, yet you only spray it on without wiping it off. and if you were to spray it on a cloth it's a clear liquid.

But what it did to my tonneau was amazing. I had the discolorations that wouldn't come off with soap and water, but Trim Shine did the trick.

If you do order the Trim Shine, I would get a can of their glass cleaner. Those are their 2 best products. The glass cleaner will clean any glass the first time, with no streaking ever.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The glass cleaner is out of this world.

OP
lbc_newbie

lbc_newbie

Jedi Warrior
walshja said:
Ed, if you do order the Stoner Trim Shine, I want a product review from you. I feel like I'm the only one who uses Stoner products, I can't wait to hear someone else praise them !! (and you will)

Outstanding product. Made my musty old tonneau look good enough to list on ebay for more $$ than I would hope. I would also imagine this stuff rocks on the RB cars.... thanks for the tip!

Country flag
Hmmm... will it help old bakelite heater blower casings?