• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Chasing Classic Cars?

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Did anyone catch the last Chasing Classic Cars with the 1955 AC Ace?

Looked like the son had a garage with Triumphs in it in the background (TR3, TR6 and maybe a TR250?)l

Scott

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
Missed that, but loved the Ace. I wonder what it cost to buy the car and restore it.....$150k, $200k?

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I didn't notice the Trimphs, but when the car was in Wayne's shop, I noticed the Cobra directly behind Wayne. He was so nonchalant about it. I would have been drooling all over the place and muttering incoherently.

MarshgrassA

Jedi Trainee
I saw the cars in the background but could not tell what they were. That Ace was beautiful and I bet Healey_Z is right about the money.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I think that was one of his best shows. I did not see the Triumphs in the background though.

OP
HerronScott

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Here's a capture that shows the TR3 in the garage and what I'm pretty sure is a TR6 to the right.

ChasingClassicCars-HappyBirthdayRecordedJan222013VEL_zps6d97502e.jpg

And if you look to the guys left in this shot, that sure looks like a TR250/TR4A grill (I showed this episode to my wife last night and she asked about it before I pointed it out).

ChasingClassicCars-HappyBirthdayRecordedJan222013VEL04_zpsfb34aba5.jpg

Scott

dklawson

Yoda
I stopped watching that show. It was too depressing as all the cars are so far out of my league/budget. Sigh.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I stopped watching that show. It was too depressing as all the cars are so far out of my league/budget. Sigh.

I quit looking at the centerfold in Playboy decades ago for the same reason.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Wayne Carini represents what has gone wrong with our hobby. Speculators and investors not car enthusiasts are buying those cars for the most part. Many of these cars I'm sure are never driven between auctions. He's a front man for those investors. A Porsche Spider selling for $2.1 Million? Give me a break. And in yesterday's NY Time auto section, a 1969 Fiat Spider sold for over $48,000.00. On two separate times, I had custody of not one but two Arnolt Bristols owned by a cousin. Today, it will set you back $150-$200K for one. Way outta my league. The same thing happened to the coin and art markets. Money corrupts.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Here's a capture that shows the TR3 in the garage and what I'm pretty sure is a TR6 to the right.

I agree about the TR3(A), but I don't think that is a TR6. I zoomed way, way in and lightened the photo; the hood line appears to come down between the headlights. Still don't know what it is, but I don't think TR6.

Attachments

• UNTITLED.JPG
    UNTITLED.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 131

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If you look at the picture of the man standing in front of the car, it looks like a Tr-6 over his left shoulder and a TR-4 over his right.

Kunkyrunk

Freshman Member
The Triumphs are not the AC Ace owners cars. They are the property of a local resident of Put-In-Bay, Ohio who volunteered to store the Ace for the filming. He has the TR3, TR4, and Tr6 and TR7 along with a Sunbeam Alpine and is a member of the local Skip Duggan Car Club.

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
Just as an aside, remember that it's a show. It's supposed to be entertaining and not a depiction of fact. Some of the "barn finds" have been removed, reconditioned and stuffed back in only to be "discovered" on TV. One of the Jags that was "discovered" out west and later "appears" in the CT shop never left here. It's still up in Los Olivos where it was "discovered". They couldn't come to terms so it didn't get bought but the film was already in the can so to speak. A stunt-Jag later and a nice story appears on TV. Some of these cars have been through several dealers before Wayne "discovered" them. So don't take the show too literally and just enjoy seeing the old cars.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I really enjoy the old mechanic who revives the cars in Wayne's garage as much as anything on the show, old school guy working on old school cars, that would be my dream job in semi-retirement.