• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

carpet snap location drawing 100/6

neilert

Does anyone know where I could find a simple diagram showing the carpet snap locations for a 100/6. I have found several written descriptions, but it would be very helpful to have a drawing, photos, or diagram. Thank you- Neil

Country flag
Hi, Neil - I can't help you, but I'm hoping somebody does. I'm starting to install the new carpet in my 100-6 tomorrow night, and I can find no visual reference for the snaps. I think it is four per section on the floor pieces, but I'm unsure of the trans tunnel (might glue it down on the tunnel). Good luck with yours!

Larry

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Well Neil, I've never heard of a drawing illustrating where to install the snaps. I do have a suggestion though. Most I've seen put two snaps just in front of the seat pans for the front carpets and just behind the seat pans for the rear seat carpet. I don't think you should glue the tunnel cover down as it will get wet and you'll want to remove it. I put one snap each side of the tunnel near the back down low, it's held up real well at that location. I do have some suggestions on installing them. One, choose a location on the floor pans that is raised rather than recessed. you'll need all the height you can get to assure a smooth carpet. Also check underneath before you drill to make sure your not going to drill into the X bracing, the snaps won't screw into anything that thick.
Good luck

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OK Johnny, There are two more snaps used on the front carpets. These are located just aft of the crease in the foot well. Actually if the original floor boards are there you should be able to find the holes knowing where to look.--Keoke

Country flag
Hi, Keoke - My bad luck, not the original floor boards. :frown: But I thought there were four on each of the front sections. Do you know how many on the trans tunnel?

Thanks
Larry

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
longbridgehealey said:
Hi, Keoke - My bad luck, not the original floor boards. :frown: But I thought there were four on each of the front sections. Do you know how many on the trans tunnel?-
--I "Think" three on each side should do it. One at the forward edge and one at the back where the third one is located in the middle of those two on each side.---Keoke

Thanks
Larry

Country flag
Sounds about right - I know there is a problem getting the tunnel carpet to lay down flat. I'll try six and see what happens...Larry

OP
N

neilert

If anyone has the carpet out of their car, a few photos sure would help at all of the snap locations. I'd be happy to draw the diagram and post it for everyone.

andybj8

Jedi Hopeful
While I know its Bj8, I would guess the carpet snaps would be in the same position for most models. Anway heres a few pictures still showing the snap base / screws in place:

tunnel:
https://www.austin-healey3000.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5122383

https://www.austin-healey3000.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5131333

right hand floor:
https://www.austin-healey3000.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5122408

https://www.austin-healey3000.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5125435

left hand floor:
https://www.austin-healey3000.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=5125434

sorry none of the front of the footwells

might not be much help

cheers Andy