• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugeye very happy after trip to BillM's place

livinginthepast

Jedi Trainee
Wow, I learned more about setting up carburetors in the couple hours I spent with BillM today than all the many combined hours spent reading manuals, web sites, etc. In short, they are tuned and running great and I'm finally starting to get it (understanding beyond the tasks outlined in the manuals)

Further, Bill quickly diagnosed an oddball distributor issue that was dispatched with lightning speed (had to grind one of the internal weights ever so slightly to prevent it from contacting the distributor housing).

It was a very productive afternoon and I am grateful for the expert help! This was the first trip outside my town with the BE and I'm finally feeling confident that it will take me just about anywhere I need to go (which means ABFM this year).

And all was right with the world...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mehheh.

Glad to learn it all comes together for ya!!! :thumbsup:

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I left Bill M.'s place yesterday with "the red thing" after he put it back together, AFTER he came and rescued the pieces (along with Rick B.) He couldn't resist throwing a tune up on the carbs, setting the timing, etc while it was in his possession, and it's running as well or better than it has since I bought it THIRTEEN years ago. Today I drove it on home (about 100 miles) so I can start prepping it for the Vancouver BC ABFM in MAY. ....

For those in and around the Seattle area, or the Pacific Northwest for that matter, if you haven't gone to Vancouver, you owe yourself a trip. It's the best venue of the three meets held in the N.O.S.H.I.T. domain, and can be a simple day trip if one desires. For me it's about a 500 mile round trip, and I've been doing it for about 5 years. Thanx to Bill M., and Rick B., I won't miss it this year either.

paulsherman

Jedi Trainee
What is the date for Vancouver? And I better get my passport renewed. Bill, don't forget that there is a swap meet in Portland the end of this month. Don't have that date either.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The Annual AUTOJUMBLE is always the last SUNDAY of APRIL, and is held at Montgomery Park, formerly the Montgomery Ward Building. From the north take the 405 exit off I-5, go over the Freemont Bridge, and you can see the buildings big red letters to your right. All one need do is drive towards it, and the signs will guide you in.

The BC ABFM is always Victoria Day Weekend, one weekend before Memorial Day in the U.S.

The Bellevue ABFM is always the last Saturday in JULY, and

THE BIG ONE, the PORTLAND ABFM is Labor Day weekend; The show being Satruday, the Swap meet on Sunday, with the Historical Races all three days of the weekend at P.I.R.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
livinginthepast said:
Wow, I learned more about setting up carburetors in the couple hours I spent with BillM today than all the many combined hours spent reading manuals, web sites, etc. In short, they are tuned and running great and I'm finally starting to get it (understanding beyond the tasks outlined in the manuals)

Further, Bill quickly diagnosed an oddball distributor issue that was dispatched with lightning speed (had to grind one of the internal weights ever so slightly to prevent it from contacting the distributor housing).

It was a very productive afternoon and I am grateful for the expert help! This was the first trip outside my town with the BE and I'm finally feeling confident that it will take me just about anywhere I need to go (which means ABFM this year).

And all was right with the world...

Wow - sounds like I need to make a pilgrimage up to the North West Bill - LOL.

I love when BCF members help each other out - kind of what this place is all about eh?

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Your head can swell, just not your fingers!

RickB

Yoda
Hi BillM :wink: