• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugeye Seat Covers

David_Doan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm looking to recover the seats in my Sprite. I found 2 dealers on ebay and the 2 usual suspects Moss and Victoria British. Does Anyone have experience with any of these? The price spread is close enough that I just want to buy the best. I'm also curious about getting them done professionally, any recommendations in north Dallas?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/320831448682
Dealer: piccioneatqwestnet, Price $235

https://www.ebay.com/itm/230727171463
Dealer: 512classics, Price: $350

mossmotors.com
Dealer: Moss Motors,Price: $450

victoriabritish.com
Dealer: Victoria British, Price: $350

I found Heritage Upholstery & Trim but they don't post their prices. Will have to call them on Monday.

Thanks,

David

RyanBez

Jedi Hopeful
Most people Ive noticed on here suggest Austin healey spares. I am going the professional route from a guy to here, sake price as the moss kit.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That one price of $235 strikes me as very good (but I think it's for a Mark II onward), and the second one is for a Bugeye. Mine was done by a guy that did this sort of work. I have to admit that I'm willing to pay someone to do a top, tonneau or seats (though carpeting I'd do). It certainly doesn't look difficult... especially after I saw the Wheeler Dealer guy just zip through it. :square:

Millrat

Jedi Hopeful
I went with the VB covers and am having a local guy put them together who has specific AH experience. Should be done in a couple of weeks so I will have more input then. Mine are for a MKII.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Millrat said:
I went with the VB covers and am having a local guy put them together who has specific AH experience. Should be done in a couple of weeks so I will have more input then. Mine are for a MKII.

Just curious if you used Lynn Gibner?

kalist

I purchased the ones from 512 classics and am very happy with them. The fit was very good. They will also sell the matching vinyl to cover your interior panels. I believe they list a phone number in their ebay listing. You can call them and order direct.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
I went with AHSpares leather covers for my BE.
I wasn't disappointed and it was easy to do.
They look and feel great. IMHO

Millrat

Jedi Hopeful
Boink said:
Millrat said:

Jerry's upholstery in Lebanon, OR. He used to do work on show cars for a fellow in Corvallis. I'd have the car over there now but the recent storm did some damage to his shop. My first time having this sort of thing done so I will post a review :yesnod: :nonod:
Erik

paulsherman

Jedi Trainee
I am about 99% done with my seats (from AH Spares). They went together just fine with a few answers from others. I also bought the matching material for my interior panels. I have my patterns cut out of cardboard, and will transfer to fiberboard/masonite soon. Also enough material for dash and I have all extra holes plugged so should get to that soon.
The only problem I had with the seats was that the pulling and fitting caused my old hands to need periodic rests. That is why I am @ 99%.

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Has anyone purchased the first ones listed?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/320831448682
Dealer: piccioneatqwestnet, Price $235

I just need a set to get me by for a few more years until I tear mine down for a complete ground up. Mine came from JC whitney 27 years ago and they weren't correct then. I have installed the Moss sets on other's cars and was very pleased. I don't want to spend that just yet because I will want fresh ones when I do it again.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Millrat said:
Boink said:
Millrat said:

Jerry's upholstery in Lebanon, OR. He used to do work on show cars for a fellow in Corvallis. I'd have the car over there now but the recent storm did some damage to his shop. My first time having this sort of thing done so I will post a review :yesnod: :nonod:
Erik

Thanks Erik.
I've used Lynn Gibner before (who is a one-man shop that recently moved to far NE Portland - from near-in SW for many years). Nice guy and works on upholstery for all sorts of classic cars.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This is all MOSS

Attachments

• 27595.jpg
    27595.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 270

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Steve
I used those and they look OK but were pretty big and sloppy.
The material is good and strong but they just aren't very tight.
To use for a couple of years would be fine. Mine are now 4 years old and work OK
BillM

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thanks BillM. I might try them. Maybe add some more padding to take up the slack.

D

Deleted member 9684

I bought the moss kit and am redoing them now. Pretty pleased so far.

Millrat

Jedi Hopeful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]who is a one-man shop[/QUOTE]
Dennis is the fellows name, I think Jerry was his father. Also a one man show. good reputation in the area and relatively inexpensive ( I am Hoping) :smile: