• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugeye electrical connector where can I get these?

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hello,
On the end of the wires that go to various lights (such as the brake and turn lights )there are these small bullet like things with a small hole at the end that the wires go through and then fold over. This is then pushed into the proper connection. They are about 3/8" long and 3/16" wide. Does anyone know what these are called and where I can get them? I need four of these to finish my wiring. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Kevin

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I think what you are describing is simply a bullet connector. Check Moss or VB. In any case, they are medium-lousy connectors, or, in other words, typical of 60s-era British cars. You can use any type of connector from an electronics store, or even Radio Shack, which impersonates one, and it will probably be better, no matter how bad it is.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Kevin
I have a bunch of them in the various old harnesses that I have, I can unsolder some for you if you want.
BillM

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
I don't think this is a bullet connector. When I asked for these from Moss, they sent me something different. Here is a picture to make it more clear. There is not soldering involved with these.

Attachments

• 21300.jpg
    21300.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 188

dklawson

Yoda
Those are still a type of bullet connector. I was surprised recently to find them still in use on my '72 Spit for the side markers.

I haven't seen those in anyone's catalogs. However, you might have the best luck finding them by contacting the folks at britishwiring.com Call them and perhaps even email them the picture you posted above. If anyone can supply the part you want, it's likely to be them.

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
You were correct, Steve. They are still called bullet connectors. Thanks for the tip on Britishwiring.com, Doug. Their online catalog lists them as "loose sleeve bullets". They are currently unavailable. Bummer. All I need is three more to finish my wiring job. Bill, do you have any of these from your old wiring harness you could sell me? Does anyone have any of these they could sell me? Thanks, Kevin

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
I unsolder and reuse these all of the time from old wiring harnesses. Don'tthrow that stuff away. Always turns out to be useful.

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanks for the advice,Jim. I do keep all of the old parts. I have had to reuse a number of parts from my old wiring harness that were missing from the new harness or just plain unavailable. Unfortunatley half of the loose sleeve connectors were gone when I bought my car. I have been able to collect a few along the way, but I didn' realize they were no longer being made.
Kevin

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
ISTR seeing a copper type that can be a substitute in (house) electrical supply places. "Sta-Kon" ferrules, methinks. Thomas & Betts, they have copper and aluminum ones... I'd stay away from the alloy ones, tho. Grainger or Lowes/HomeDepot may be sources.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol: :thumbsup:

There ya go, Kev! :wink:

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ok, who the heck is Grantura MKI? I have no clue who he might be.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Another BCF member? :jester:

...one willing to help!

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
To be honest, I just read the forum posts for a couple of years before actually writing my first post. The reason was I really didn't feel I could contribute much. I have learned a lot during the restoration. At the very least I sure can tell everyone all the things not to do now. I am willing to bet this is another kind member of the forum just wanting to help.
Kevin

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
jlaird said:
Ok, who the heck is Grantura MKI? I have no clue who he might be.
A good man and auto restorer. He did the pre-inspection on the Tunebug before I bought it.

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
I hope I didn't insult him by the comments I made about myself. I didn't realize until after I posted my comments that he had posted so many times. It looks like he deals with many different types of LBC's, which makes sense base on what you said, Drew.
Kevin

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ahhh, is good to know folks. Wonder how I missed his name. Bonk.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Th' World Works in Mysterious Ways..."

:jester:

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
D. said he has what I need....and he is sending it free of charge on top of that! May he be loaded up with British car karma for the future.
Kevin