• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR British Car Show Pictures - Is there Interest in Posting?

SteveBones

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hello,

I wanted to check to see if there is interest in posting pictures I took from the local british car show (Morgan Hill) earlier this month. The pictures are mostly of TR3A's with a TR4, a couple of TR4A's and a TR-250. Most of the cars are restored, and there are a couple that are in nice original condition.

Not sure if there is interest in seeing other peoples cars so wanted to check first before posting.

If interested, let me know. Also, if there are about 20 to 30 pictures, would it be best if I put them on flickr and provide the link to access?

Thanks,

Steve

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hello,

I wanted to check to see if there is interest in posting pictures I took from the local british car show (Morgan Hill) earlier this month. The pictures are mostly of TR3A's with a TR4, a couple of TR4A's and a TR-250. Most of the cars are restored, and there are a couple that are in nice original condition.

Not sure if there is interest in seeing other peoples cars so wanted to check first before posting.

If interested, let me know. Also, if there are about 20 to 30 pictures, would it be best if I put them on flickr and provide the link to access?

Thanks,

Steve

Wow - definitely there's an interest!

Probably more efficient if you post on Flicker (or similar) and just post the link.

Thanks!

Tom in CT

OP
S

SteveBones

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting me know. Please give me a couple of days to get this done. I will send an update when completed (with the flickr link). I also had a chance to speak with a couple of the car's owners and/or read info about the background on the car. I will share this as well when I publish.

Steve

OP
S

SteveBones

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
OK - Completed the British Car Show Posting. Here is the link https://www.flickr.com/photos/48587224@N04/sets/72157647657337898/

There are a couple of items I wanted to highlight:

1) The BRG TR3A included multiple options. In addition to the hardtop, luggage rack, and enhanced valve cover, the car options also included the finned aluminum rear brake drums, and finned aluminum oil pan. My TR3A was originally BRG and so my initial interest in this car was because of the color. Looking ahead on if I should go back to the BRG on my car when repainting.

2) The BGR TR4A is said to still have the original paint job. The original paint looked good (actually great) close up. The info on the car said the current owner purchased and has owned since he was 16 years old. I am pretty sure the owner of the car also runs a british car repair shop in Santa Cruz close to 41street.

3) The pictures on the TR4A interior shows to be in very good original condition (This interior is from the red TR4A). I am gaining a much stronger appreciation for cars that are kept original. I also took a picture of this red TR4A's hood as it still included the original sticker which I had not seen before.

4) There was another TR3A that I unfortunately did not take pictures of but did speak to the owner for quite awhile. The car was completely original with lots of patina. It is a local bay area car. I also found out that the original owner lived in the same town where I currently live and grew up. I recall the current owner saying the original owner was an engineer by trade and kept details maintenance records until he stopped working on the car when he was over 80 years old. The other thing that I enjoyed was that this TR3A had the hand crank sticking out of the front grill hole. I had seen this before but there were others attending the show who were unfamiliar with vintage British Sports Cars, and they were extremely curious. They become even more amazed to hear that it was an actual working hand crank. The owner did start the car once to show how it worked. He also let someone else try to start the car and did so on the first try.

I really enjoyed seeing and talking to the folks who attended. There are some really good stories these owners have and are willing to share regarding the experiences, knowledge, and interest in the hobby.

Thanks,

Steve

Born_Loser

Thanks for taking the time to load all that, great shots!

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Steve,

Thanx for the pics.:encouragement: Very nice to see a variety of TR3 colors!! In my neck of the woods; Even at a Large Car Show; There are typ. 2 or 3 TR3s & Thats it.

Keep in mind; We "ALL LOVE" pics here. Anykind of Pics!!

Thanx Again,

Russ

OP
S

SteveBones

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. When I have other pictures to post I will do so. I really enjoy vintage cars in general. My appreciation and interest in Triumphs is like nothing else.

Steve