• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Boy its getting close

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The big event is only 2 weeks away now and we are getting really excited!! Hope you are too because this is gonna be one terrific 4 day event with around 70 Spridgets already registered and a few more expected as walk-ins. Moreover, nearly half are Bugeyes!! Probably more bugeyes than you've ever seen together in one place! We wanted to fill you in on a few things before hand...

First of all, there was some misinformation that got spread around concerning the dates. The big event starts first thing Thursday morning (8:00am) with the car show in the state park about a mile from the hotel. So you will want to arrive on Wednesday the 25th and pick up all your registration materials, T-shirt, windshield cling, commemorative program...etc and join us in the hotel lounge for a cold one.

For those coming from a long way off (some over 2,000 miles one way!!), or even just a 100 miles away, we will be glad to check in on you if you become overdue. Just send us a name, expected arrival date and time, and your cell phone. We'll give you about 8 hours overdue and then we will call to see if you need help. If you want to be on this list, email us at SpriteMidgetClub@gmail.com

There is now a map on the website showing the location of the hotel, Pa He Tsi area of Lake of the Ozarks state park, Ha Ha Tonka state park, and Lee C. Fine Airport which is in another part of Lake of the Ozarks State park. You can Google the hotel or the airport and get a detailed map of the area.

We can still use a couple of volunteer workers at the car show, driving skills event, autocross and the registration table. These will mostly be very short stints so no one will have to miss out on the fun. If you can help for an hour or two, either email us now with your interest or tell us when you pick up your registration packet.

Get your last minute adjustments and polish done on the Spridget, throw your socks and toothbrush in the boot and get ready for the best Spridget event ever here in the Colonies!! We may not match Gaydon in car count, but we'll more than make up for it in fun!!

See ya all in 2 weeks!!
Cheers!!
Jim

Another bit of information regarding the event coming up. On Friday Morning we will get every last spridget in for a group photo. this photo will be 180 degrees wide and show every single car at the event. the photo will be offered to you for the low low price of $49.95 including shipping. The size of the photo will be 8X36 inches done with a camera that shoots up to 360 degree photos so dont miss out and bring the check book

Jim will have some samples of other shows and the order order form at the registration table.

tony Lipari

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Yeah it is getting close; I aint ready!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
But the car's not getting finished......today was spent looking at the engine! No, seriously, I got some things done but still can't get the rings in...I don't think the machine shop put a 'camfer' on the top of the cylinders so I'm taking the whole thing to them tomorrow.....&, yes, they are the correct rings.

And a local friend stopped by in his beautifully redone 1500 to see about convoying to the show....he just happens to be an upholstery guy so he said that tomorrow ehile I'm piddling with engine (& windshield) he's gonna install the dash, carpet & panel kits - in 1 day? I'll believe that when I see it...maybe the dash & carpet......

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
tony barnhill said:
But the car's not getting finished......today was spent looking at the engine! No, seriously, I got some things done but still can't get the rings in...I don't think the machine shop put a 'camfer' on the top of the cylinders so I'm taking the whole thing to them tomorrow.....&, yes, they are the correct rings.

And a local friend stopped by in his beautifully redone 1500 to see about convoying to the show....he just happens to be an upholstery guy so he said that tomorrow ehile I'm piddling with engine (& windshield) he's gonna install the dash, carpet & panel kits - in 1 day? I'll believe that when I see it...maybe the dash & carpet......
I hope the dash has a lot less wires than my 71. I am an electrician and spent a whole day getting that all set up the way I wanted it, nearly sick from all that contortion looking up under there. Keep it moving Tony. I want to see that one. Has anyone done a count of the people on this site that are going to LOTO?

RickB

Yoda
I think wearing one of those headlamps that straps around your forehead is the way to go when doing the wiring under the dash.
I too was an electrician for 20 years and getting under the dash to work on wires just hurts!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
We'll wire the dash while its laying across his lap on its face & then bolt it up.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Luckily the early sidescreen cars are really very simple to work on under the dash. Not much interior in those cars either. I bet you could do it all in a day.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Kim, you are registered.

However we have some goodies for you.

I will see that you are included in the car show for sure for sure. Bring it on good buddy, 10-4?

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
jlaird said:
Kim, you are registered.

However we have some goodies for you.

I will see that you are included in the car show for sure for sure. Bring it on good buddy, 10-4?
Oh, whew. Ah, I see. I am already preregistered and the registration thing there is for the people just showing up that have not preregistered? Good deal. I would have taken Tuesday the 24th off and had and extra day, but the wife has to work, so leaving out at 0400 is all I can do. Oh, wait!!! God, I am not so quick sometimes. How many time zones will I cross? That means I will be arriving earlier LOTO time, Hmmmn. At least 1 hour early than I said then.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Everyone still needs to go to registration to get maps, goodie bag, car tag, etc etc and to meet me of course. Lots of stuff there along with a schedule of what where.