• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BJ8 phase one color wiring diagram

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hi guys,

Could you tell me where I can purchase or get a copy of (if someone wants to email me one) a colored wiring diagram for the BJ8 phase one.

I think I've seen them out here in 11x17.

Thank you,
Roger

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hey Roger,
Tom's Import Toys carries them (haven't bought one though). I seem to recall someone posting a color wiring diagram here recently. Can't remember what exact model it was for though.

OP
AUSMHLY

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Andy,

Thank you.

How different is the one you have, for a phase two car, different then the phase one cars?
I think some wiring would be different in how the turn/pilot light phase 2 vs. the single combination turn/pilot light phase 1 would be.

Cheers,
Roger

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hi Roger,
There are some differences in the phase 1 car, which I'm pretty sure is the same as a BJ7. One notable change is the turn signal relay (not the flasher relay). The one with 8 wires running to it.

Here is that other diagram I mentioned earlier. It's for a BN4 however. Click Me.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I don't have my manual loaded in the work computer, so I'm not 100% on that. The shop manual will list the different cars in the back of the electrical section though. At least you'll know what you're looking for exactly when someone comes up with a colorerered one. :smirk:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
AUSMHLY said:
Hi Greg,

Should I be looking at a BJ7 diagram?--- Never Heard of em!--- :laugh:
Yes it is good to have a diagram that fits your car. However, the Phase 2 diagram will handle all the interfaces except those associated with the turn and stop signals.

Anyone have one?---Sum body must have one hang tight.
r

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
Hi Roger,

The single turn signal / parking light is not the difference between phase 1 and phase 2. I have a phase 2 MK-III with single lights like yours. One of the several wiring diagrams in your shop manual will match your car exactly..... Except for your modern upgrades !

Ed

OP
AUSMHLY

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hi Ed,

I too have the phase 2 with the single light.
I have the shop manual also.
I've seen the colored diagrams for the double lights, and simply wanted to get one that is correct, single light, for my car.

I'll give a call to Tom's import toys.
He shows a sample of the phase one on his site. However the wiring color for the headlights on his sample is incorrect. The sample shows solid brown and brown/red. My car is blue/white and blue/red. We'll see if that sample is different from what he provides.

sample here

Cheers,
Roger

ausmhly, theres a person on ebay thats selling laminated diagrams for like $19.95, 11"X17", seems to have all the various healey models with free shipping, ya i know kinda expensive, ive never had a problem with using the diagrams from the work shop manual.

robert_ellison

Jedi Trainee
why would there be discrepancies in the color coding of wires that go to the same assembly. I still haven't looked at mine but I know some wires to major components, not turn lights, are different.

I'm hoping it isn't because I got the wrong harness. I bought it in 1986.