• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BCF and it's future

BOBBYR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Gang,
In the last year,I have enjoyed being a part of this forum.Today,I saw Basil's post on it's future and I have to say I am concerned.I for one, think of this as a club and I don't see why we should not support it.I realize that Basil also has a personal question he has to answer as to continueing to run it.
I would be interested in knowing what the other members think and how we would go about this.
Bobby R

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Just FYI. Since starting the optional subscription system, the response has been pretty good, at least initially, so I am hopeful about the future. Whether the response will be steady in the coming months remains to be seen, but I'm happy to report that I'm feeling like things are moving in the right direction.

The important thing to remember (and I know I'm sounding like a broken record) is that the subscription system is optional and I don't want people to feel obligated to subscribe. I know that for some folks this forum has been very important in the health and feeding of their little British car but I also know that, especially in these economic times, people may have other priorities.

Also, remember that there are in fact some members who prefer to make anonymous donations and not be part of the "subscription" system. Just because you don't see Bronze or Silver next to their name doesn't necessarily mean they haven't supported the forum. Some folks support the forum by purchasing a mug or shirt from the BCF store - its all good. But the thing is, BCF is still a FREE forum, but optional subscriptions are available if a member is so inclined, or would like some of the "extras" the different subscription levels offer - the most significant being the ability to host a non-commercial personal web site on the BCF servers if you're a Platinum member, or have a Blog if you're Gold of Platinum.

Just wanted to give you that update.

bobbyr, i see this as a reasonable and intelligent solution to the monetary aspect of running the forum, i dont know how basil has kept this show going considering his personal sacrifices in both his time and capital expenditure, its obvious hes extremely devoted to this forum and thus the people who enjoy it, Ive been trying to subscribe as a platinum member but cant find a method other then paypal on the payment method list to do so, and if i do try using the paypal button and hit subscribe nothing happens, i know its probably some silly little thing im not doing correctly so basil or anyone else could you please help me out here, thanks, Anthony 7777.

Dave Richards

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have saved far more money than the small amount I paid to be a "subscribing member". The very knowledgeable advice I have received here has saved me a considerable amount of money, and I've had a blast working on my car.

I've met several people from the Forum, in person, that I would not have meet otherwise, and one of them was kind enough to let me drive his beautiful 100-4. (Thanks again, Dave!) Plus, the feeling of camaraderie is worth far more than any subscription price!

I never would have any of Cliff's (Sideache's) art work, if it hadn't been for the BCF.

LBC's are a common bond (addiction) and BCF is our fix!

The least I can do is contribute, seen, or unseen, to keep this avenue open.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said, โ€˜cept I donโ€™t have any of Cliffโ€™s artwork. :blush: