• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Automotive Engineering Inc. in Clinton, Md.???

5962healey

Freshman Member
I have a bugeye that has a white diamond shaped business logo of some sort under the bonnet on the side of the footwell that says "Automotive Engineering Inc., Clinton, Md." and has the phone number "279-4555". Anyone know or recall what this business was or what they did?....

Austin,

OMG!! you have one of those?!?! Do you know how RARE That is? do you know what that is worth?..

Just kidding.
Never heard of the place.

Do you know any history on the car? Does it appear to have been modified or customized in any way.

course could just have been the garage where it was serviced.

m

OP

5962healey

Freshman Member
I had never heard of the place either and I have not been able to find any kind of information through internet searches...

And yes my car is not exactly normal.. It has a bootlid and a very extensively built one at that.

I'm trying to figure out if this company had put the boot lid in or if it had happened somewhere else.

Austin,

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Found this:
AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING INC. 6312 AARON LN (301)-868-3555

Craig Colbert

Freshman Member
Sir...AEI was a high performance shop that built, raced and maintained cars built both for street and strip. It was owned by Pete Hall and he had two mechanics that were top-notch. Pete had the contract to maintain the local police cars, so it was not unusual to be working next door and hear a dragster smoking the tires down our business street ( Aaron lane ) and everyone would stop work, come out and watch. Pete was very successful himself, and was responsible for most of the fast cars around the county. This was my 66 Mustang back then, you can see the AEI decal on the rear window. If there are any other questions, I would be happy to answer.
memories0090.jpg

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
What's interesting about that is the "279" prefix is a Rockville, Maryland one dating back well into the 1960s. It used to be long distance to call from Montgomery to Prince Georges County -- wonder if he took a "Foreign" exchange so that people could call him direct.