• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Athens, ALTravel Assistance

brent615

Jedi Trainee
don't know how much help we need yet, but my father is driving a TR6 that he just bought back from New Orleans and he is bogged down in Athens Alabama tonight (10:30 PM CST). She ran smooth until a gas stop 30 miles ago and now it bogs out in 4th gear and "spits" and "pops" in 3rd. He plans to check the plugs, fuel filter, and vacuum lines in the AM. Any other suggestions? Anyone no someone in the area that may be able to help? My dad worked for AC Spark plug/Delco in the 70s and is comforatble with engines but we all know how "unique" LBCs can be. We'll know more in the morning.

CinneaghTR

Jedi Warrior
Sorry to hear of your Dad's troubles.

If the car has been sitting a while, make sure he gets a sample of the gasoline when he checks the fuel filter to see if there is any crud in it. I had the same symptoms and it ended up being a fuel line that would clog and unclog at the most annoying times. The gas was a dark red, sort of like a red ale, rather than clear gasoline.

The VTR website has a traveler's assistance listing by state if he needs further assistance. It should be free and downloadable. If he is not a member, it may just make him one.

Good luck.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Glad to hear that it all worked out. If either of you are going to be traveling with the cars, look into that VTR membership. Well worth it to join and a good group. They recommended this site to me back in 2005.

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Brent,
Unfortunately our internet provider was having problems over the weekend. I couldn't get online until late last night. Athens is only 15 miles from me. I would have gladly gone to help.
BOBH