• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

arrow

muchachita

Freshman Member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif
Ok i finaly moved out from Humor section.
Thank you all for replys, every day i find out something new about sunbeam. There is not to many around here, actualy i met only one guy who owns a 1964 Alpine. It is great to see there are some around the world. The one in Calgary looks so poor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Too bad.

Attachments

• 67546-interior.jpg
    67546-interior.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 168

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
But that one in Calgary has earned its' keep and battle scars.

The owner has clocked over 300,000 miles on it over many years, including a roundtrip drive between Calgary and Vancouver every weekend for a number of years.

The club I belong to British Saloon Car Club of Canada has a couple of Arrow's that belong to members I think - www.geocities.com/motorcity/7967 - and some members worldwide now... nudge-nudge-wink-wink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

And there is also a 1967 Arrow station wagon for sale down in California right now, supposed to be in good shape, the wagon would be a particularly rare model of the Arrow.

sunbeammadd

Jedi Hopeful
Ah, but the Avenger is not a derivative of the Hunter/Arrow platform. It was a completely new design which shared no major components with previous Rootes models.

The ultimate Avenger derivative was the 1979-1981 Sunbeam Lotus which won the World Rally Championship in 1981. 0-60mph in 6.8 sec, or about 5 sec in rally tune. Sadly it died the year it won the Championship because Peugeot killed off it's Scottish factory where the cars were built, and it wasn't economical to shift production elsewhere.

The ultimate incarnation of the Hunter/Arrow platform would have been the Sunbeam Rapier H120. Nice, but not quite as exciting!