• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone going?

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
June 5, 2005
MG REVIVAL - SUMMER PARTY - August 20th
Grand Rapids MI

The 2005 MG Summer Party, titled the "MG Revival Summer Party" is scheduled for the weekend of August 20th. The site will be the Lowell Fairgrounds (five miles north of I-96 from Exit #52 on Alden Nash), the awards dinner will be inside at Calvin College. Our featured guest will be Peter Thornley, son of the plant manager, John Thornley. The featured MG this year will be the MGB/GT and the summer party colors are Blue and Yellow (or for the UofM crowd, Maize and Blue. The results of last year's event will go into the mail on Wednesday, June 8th; the general mailer to all our customers will go out by Thursday, June 9th. Sign up as soon as you receive the form! No form? We'll fax you a copy -- call us at 616 682 0800. I can also send you a copy via email, but the document is in Word and is large. As I write, the future of MG remains uncertain, but we're all hoping for an MG REVIVAL!

~*~*~*~

Several from our MG club are heading up. We're leaving Wednesday evening or very early Thursday morning. Several are doing the endurance rally, but I think the first 7 hour trip in the B with my husband will be more than enough endurance for both of us!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OK, I'll bite --- Where is this???

Mickey

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Hehe. That would be helpful, wouldn't it? Wasn't in the info I copied and pasted! Grand Rapids Michigan...about 14 hours from you I reckon, since I'm 7 hours from Clarksville and STL is 7 from Grand Rapids (like my math?)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OUCH! Too far for me. Even if your math is off...

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
My math is great. I go through Clarksville on occasion, never takes more than 7 hours.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sorry 'bout that - I meant your trip planning from Tenn. to Michigan!

Let me know next time you're coming through Clarksville.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Oh Mickey, my bad. I was thinking Chattanooga yesterday, NOT Clarksville. In fact, I have no idea where Clarksville is, although I knew someone that took the last train to Clarksville. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Oh Mickey, my bad. I was thinking Chattanooga yesterday, NOT Clarksville. In fact, I have no idea where Clarksville is, although I knew someone that took the last train to Clarksville. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK - most of the time I have no idea where I am!

I believe if you're going to Chattanooga from St. Louis, you'll come right through Clarksville as well - 45 miles your side of Nashville on I-24.

Mickey

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
bump.gif

We're leaving next Thursday morning 7 am. (skipping the 24 hour/1000 mile rally) Anyone else here going? I remember someone mentioned they were (I forget who, in Canada/Windsor?) and was just curious.

Mike H

Jedi Hopeful
I am going.
Have a '78 Carmine Red Midget.
Maybe we can have some coommon indicator as to identify who is attending from this forum?

Mike

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
That would be great! Maybe Bazul can make us some sort of flyer we can put in our windshields or something? I'll look around on the site and see what I can swipe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Mine is flame red, I think. I forget.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
This would work probably. Just right click and save to your desktop and print it out.

header3.jpg

I changed the size to 6" x 3" and it's about right, bumper sticker size.

Newkie

Jedi Trainee
Im going. But since I live in Grand Rapids, how can I not. I just joined the MG club here in town, and it looks like I joined at the right time. There should be plenty of cars for the looking. I could always use some ideas on my own restoration project. (73 MGB)
Hope to see you there. And if you happen upon a red MG with grey primer on Hood and Rockers, its yours truly.

Newkie

P.S. GO Cubs!
It kindve looks like they are going somewhere. South...

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of red MGBs there! We need to try to all hook up and say "HIYA" and get a pic for the forum.

GO CARDINALS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I don't know anything about the layout of the event. I was thinking they probably park cars by 'club' if there are a lot going. We have maybe 10-12 cars going. What time does the event start? We could meet at a specific vendor stand too, but I don't know any of those.

Suggestions?

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Only the 3 of us going to be there? Mike, newkie and myself?

Mike H

Jedi Hopeful
The cars are sorted by class.
You will not be given a registration number until you sign in, so that will not be a help in finding each other.
The vendor booths probably would not be a good idea as we don't know the full listing of vendors yet.

There will be a registration booth on the field. Maybe we could meet there at say, 11:00.

The field opens about 9:00.

Mike

Newkie

Jedi Trainee
Okay, I'll meet at the registration tent at 11:00am. If for some reason you dont see me, I'll have a Chicago Cubs hat on. Cant be too many fans of them there. Yes there will be alot of red MG's there, but how many will look like a holstein cow with grey primer here and there. I wont be parking mine with the show cars though...

See you all there.

Newkie

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Mine isn't a show car, it's a daily driver.

And I'll have on the Cardinal shirt if you have to be that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif Or not, depends on what I toss on in the morning. I'll be the old bag, can't be too many of them there!