• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone else having a White Christmas??

RickB

Yoda
We have a good couple feet here at home, makes driving a real treat and I'm the only one apparently able to drive this stuff (in my immediate family).
That will teach me to live in Alaska for a few years in my 'youth'.

Here's a pic of the Midget, enjoy:

snow01.jpg

bthompson

Jedi Warrior
Not me! 68 degrees, bright blue sunny sky. :driving: Motoring around on Christmas Day with the top down...gotta love NC. Almost makes the scorching hot summers worth it. :thumbsup:

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
We've got similar white stuff but fortunately my Midget has a garage stall!

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Not a Spridget day here in S. Cal. Raining rather heavily all morning, temp hovering around 50F. Not bad compared to some, but still keeps me indoors. Plenty of snow in the mountains, and, here in the flatlands, we really need the rain.

BugEyeBear

Jedi Trainee
WOW!!
Almost makes me feel guilty for wearing shorts today.... Almost.
Gotta love Christmas in Georgia!

Rick, Is the name of your town Snoqualmie or SNOW-ALL-OVER-ME?!?!
(I think your Midget is gonna ask Santa for a garage next year!!)

Stay Warm Guys!!

"Cheers!" :cheers:

-Bear-

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Very white (about 2 feet on the ground, much deeper where drifted)and very cold.. At least we broke the zero degrees barrier for a while today. The first time in three weeks. It's back below zero again though.

By the way, great picture. Poor Midget.

Is that a "B" in back? if so, Poor "B" too!

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Yes that's my 70 BGT back there, poor little cars.
Anyone know if there's gonna be another stimulus package?
Maybe I could use that for some lumber.

You don't want to see what happened to my canvas shed out back during the windstorm that preceded all this snow. It's real bad.

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I know through hard learned experienc what heavy wet snow will do to an aluminum framed canvas structure.... I agree, not pretty.

It would sure be nice if the government gave all of us some money to spend, that would be a better way to get people spending money and things moving again, instead of giving it to the banks, corporations and big wigs who have already made it clear they aren't going to do things right...

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Heh - this one was steel framed, and bolted down to concrete.
They said our gusts may have been up to 90 mph, whatever they were proved too much for the structure. The heavy snow came after. Now there's a big tarp covering my stuff, and a couple feet of snow on top of that. Gonna be messy when it melts I'm afraid.

SAMidget

Down here in sunny South Africa
Swam in the pool on Chrsitmas day, water temp 86F. Conclusion no snow in Johannesburg.

bill_young

Jedi Warrior
We had about 2" of snow on Christmas eve morning and it stayed on the ground through Christmas day. It's not all that often we have a white Christmas in KC. Today the temperature will get up to around 60 degrees and this morning when I drove into work at 6:30 all the snow was gone already.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Christmas gave us 13+" of fresh snow. We were driving home from my in-laws in the late afternoon and it was an interesting trip (about 70 miles, took about 2 hours). Our street was not plowed at all, and the car got stopped just at the end of our driveway. We almost couldn't open the doors. The bow wake we had was impressive -- the car was not stuck, just stopped! A few more hours of shoveling and snowblowing, and all was well.

Looks to be another big winter this year.

Did I mention that I don't like winter?
grin.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Has been very warm and overcast here in north Florida. T shirt weather.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
We haven't had a White Christmas here in many years, it was nice in a way but you who have snow know what a pain it can be.

Here's a nice story, and it happened to me as I was getting one of our older daughters to bring her home for Christmas eve.

I was in the van and I had just picked her up, I backed out of the drive onto the street and immediately got stuck in the pile of snow the plow had left there.
Before I could even get out to look at the mess there were a few guys coming over, after a minute they were joined by another and then another. Within minutes there were five guys, one with a shovel, and they dug & pushed the van out of the mess. I was able to get underway, yelling a big "Thanks Guys!" out the window.

I'm sure that kind of thing happens all the time, it's just real nice getting to experience it when you really need it. It sure makes you feel a lot better about your neighbors. I think a lot of people are just looking for a way to help someone out, that way they get to feel a bit like a hero for a little while.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
The tent in my backyard didn't get hurt by the windstorm and even held-up to the 14" of snow, then the tree decided to start dropping branches!
Bill
(I would attach a picture of the destroyed tent but need to wait until my daughter gets home so I can make it small enough to include)

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
This is the first year since 1971 that all of Canada had a white Christmas.
Now they say 5" of rain on Saturday and then right back to below freezing and more snow.

Hope I have a yard left next spring.

Dave MERRY CHRISTMAS!

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Sorry to hear that Bill.

All I think I could have done would have been to use longer bolts into the concrete, or better anchors. I'd attach a picture but it's really too sad.
Maybe I will in a bit.

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
This is a nicer picture, no good dwelling on the bad stuff.
Got my hardtop all snugged down now.
You know, a guy at Costco recognized the bump on the hood the other day, he's a Harley owner & said he's had a couple of those air covers! I told him he's got a good eye!!

midgetHT.jpg