• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any SP250 owners with Austin Healey [big] rearends e-brake help needed

JSabah

I am in need of some assistance from any Dart owners who have an Austin Healey rear end. I have an AH rear end that came without any emergency /handbrake components. I was able to locate all of the components (swivel, rods, clevis pins, brake levers etc) and am trying to dry fit them before powder coating the components themselves and the axle housing but found that the bracket which was originally welded to the housing was ground off and tossed by the PO. I believe I can find the correct location that will work and have a new bracket made up and welded on, but it looks like it will attach directly over the chassis tube on the right side and am concerned about any clearance issues (also wondering if there are any clearance issues with the rods themselves). If there is anybody who can post or send me pictures of an AH (BJ8 or 3000) rear end insitu on an SP250 it would be greatly appreciated as my body is still off as are obviously my wheels so I can not see how the car sits on the frame/suspension (which is the original leaf springs/dampers). Thank you.

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I'm afraid I can't help; using an MG rear. One "issue" I had was the diff housing was slightly larger and would hit the underbody when suspension was fully compressed. We had to create a space for it. That makes me think things could be tight. I haven't spoken to anyone with AH but will pass this ? on to the club.

OP
J

JSabah

Would appreciate any input. I did notice some worn/broken fiberglass near the center of the diff. Body is off the car so it is a bit difficult to assess what caused it. Would like to hear from other SP owners with AH rearends

OP
J

JSabah

Just wondering if you were able to find out about this? I will be creating a "pocket" in the rear seat fiberglass as it does look like the larger AH diff has been hitting and wearing thru. Also, please see my post on e brake cross rods as I could use some input. Thank you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J A few Q's for the SP250 owners Other British Cars 2
Pep Daimler SP250 A-spec vs B-spec chassis Other British Cars 9
Feathers SP250 steering rack Other British Cars 18
Feathers Knock off wheels for sp250 Other British Cars 6
J Daimler sp250 steering Other British Cars 1
A Daimler SP250 frame reinforcement Other British Cars 4
2 sp250 Restoration & Tools 1
R Daimler SP250 Bonnet safety methods *PICS NEEDED* Other British Cars 1
DART Daimler SP250 for sale Other British Cars 10
DART SP250 on eBay Other British Cars 0
B Looking for Daimler sp250 Ontario Canada owner Other British Cars 4
healeynut My A90 Atlantic is better than your SP250 Other British Cars 10
aeronca65t SP250-spotted! Other British Cars 5
JPSmit Rare and Sad - Daimler SP250 Other British Cars 9
C Daimler SP250... built for imaginary race w/Shelby Other British Cars 9
spnx amber SP250 turn signals Other British Cars 5
spnx SP250 - theft prevention devices Other British Cars 14
spnx eBay Daimler SP250 in poor shape [many pics] Other British Cars 11
spnx Daimler SP250 restoration Other British Cars 217
tony barnhill Daimler SP250 Other British Cars 18
tony barnhill More About the Daimler SP250 Other British Cars 16
Mini_Jim Duncan Black's racing SP250 on eBay? Other British Cars 18
DART Duncan Black SP250 Other British Cars 0
S Calling All Spridget Owners & Race Fans - Sprite Turns 65 Spridgets 3
prb51 BN6 Owners Handbook Austin Healey 14
johntennyson Anyone Know These Guys? Or Remember Sprite-Midget Owners' Group? Spridgets 29
J Owners of my 100-4 Austin Healey 1
humanoid For Sale - Haynes Triumph TR7 (1975-1979) Owners Workshop Manual Triumph Classifieds 0
richie TR4/4A ATTN TR4 Surrey Top owners! Triumph 2
Gray_Cat Socal Norton Owners Club Annual Meet, Ride & Show November 3rd, 2019 British Motorbikes 0
N Searching previous owners - BT7 Tricarb -62 sold in LA Austin Healey 5
M Any Marlin Roadster owners out there Other British Cars 5
Gray_Cat Socal Norton Owners Club 39th Annual Meet/Ride & Show 11-4-18 British Motorbikes 0
Grantura_MKI TVR owners. TVR 3
A For Sale Sunbeam Owners Handbook for Sale Other British Classifieds 0
Gray_Cat 38th Annual Norton Owners Club Meet & Ride, Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017 British Motorbikes 1
croz TR2/3/3A Triumph Sports Owners Association Badge Colors Triumph 3
Alfred E. Neuman MGA Question for the MGA coupe owners - will I fit? MG 8
Gray_Cat 37th Annual Socal Norton Owners Club Meet, Ride & Show, Sunday, November 6th 2016! British Motorbikes 0
richie TR4/4A Surrey Top owners - how sealed are you from the rain? Triumph 6
fpstude TR2/3/3A British Car Owners are the BEST! Triumph 4
CJD TR2/3/3A Calling all TR2 Owners! Triumph 11
M How Many McLaren owners are here? Other Cars 6
woolfman Seeking info on GAN3L28111 - Owners prior 1996 in the US Spridgets 2
Gray_Cat 36th Annual Socal Norton Owners Club "All Brit Ride", Sunday, 11-1-15 British Motorbikes 0
NutmegCT Any Rambler owners? Other Cars 4
eschneider Any late-model Mercedes owners willing to review new brake pads/ rotors? Other Cars 4
NutmegCT Jaguar owners in Florida? Jaguar 1
Darwin GT6 Attn all gt6 and spit6 owners or wannabes Triumph 0
Gray_Cat Socal Norton Owners Club Meet British Motorbikes 2