• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

And Another Cool Utility Vehicle [Tony?]

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Oh Lordy, Lordy...I *love* those things!

The little "milk trucks" they build are neat too.

Good find!

Now lend me the money and I'll buy it! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

OP
bugimike

bugimike

Yoda
Hehe! I was going to ask for investors, myself!!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Do you mean those milk trucks with the "wall" down the middle that loaded from the sides? Boy that brought back some memories! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Uh... guys... I'm seriously in love with that truck. Does anyone know anything about them and what they are worth? I'm having trouble finding out an actual market value.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
The trouble is, this little vehicle is so rare over here that finding anything out about them may be problematic. You might try asking one of our Aussie members, as they are better placed to ask questions I think. This is an Australian-made vehicle, as evidenced by the Holden name of the manufacturer's ID plate. I don't remember seeing such a utily at all in the UK, although I did see other commercial variants.

Steve_S

Yoda
True. It's such a simple vehicle that I can't see it being a problem that there is no information about them. The engine is surely a standard BMC-type offering or something similar. I see a TC / early TD style control box and other familiar bits. I'm willing to bet it's a bit, shall we say "relaxed" in regards to its performance.

Steve, if you plan to bid on it let me know ahead of time. I'm seriously looking at this thing but I won't bid against you. Sadly I will be forced to sell a car, probably my Y-Type Saloon if I buy this thing.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Steve, I am just going to "watch" it, as I honestly expect it to go higher than I will be able to afford. You are in a far better position than I am to take this thing home, so if you plan on going for it them by all means go ahead, I, likewise, would not bid against you......

As for the engine, it's going to be a Vauxhall unit, as fitted to their saloons. There may be common ancillaries with Austin/Morris vehicles. The Vauxhall and Austin engines of the period did have a lot of similarities.

A UK-based Vauxhall/Bedford club may well be able to provide information.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
It is cute...but I think I like the Morris van better!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Nope!

Steve_S

Yoda
Then again, if I actually bid on this thing and win the auction, you might want to bid on one of the other cars that will be going up for sale in its place.

I haven't sold an MG in 15 years. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

OP
bugimike

bugimike

Yoda
I immediately thought of Tony because of that bed-full of parts in the back /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif !! Steve S I will keep my fingers crossed that you wind up with her, she deserves a good home in the BCF family!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Nice truck... I almost wonder if it's over-restored for what it is, the owner waxes poetic about it, but yet a vehicle like that may never be worth the money put into the restoration, especially within the North American market..

Mind you it's a no reserve auction so it's selling regardless.

Steve_S

Yoda
I'm on the fence. It's still within the amount I can sell another car for, so it isn't out of the question. However I have to wonder if it's worth the price it will likely sell for. How do you put a market value on a truck you will never see another of?

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sherlock - that is one helluva car in your signature. What is it? Looks like a facel vega to me. What sort of motor in it. What a beauty.

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Anybody want to give this one a new home? It is a one of a kind with lots of history and some neat accessories. It is a '34 English Ford, so mechanical parts are not too difficult to find.
Email me for details.
Bruce
FordModelY.jpg