• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AHCA Members - October Healey Marque

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
has the October "Chatter" shipped yet? I've been awaiting its arrival for two weeks as I am out of quality reading material...

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Glad to know that you're missing HEALEY MARQUE! Given the vagaries of the USPS it is difficult to predict when you might receive yours, but it is on the way, out there, somewhere...

If you're really desperate I could send you a PDF of the issue. The file is about 19 megs in size, so if your email can handle it, and if you really need it, let me know!

OP
AN6-TX

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
OP
AN6-TX

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
If you're really desperate I could send you a PDF of the issue. The file is about 19 megs in size, so if your email can handle it, and if you really need it, let me know!

I haven't started to twitch...yet! Thanks for the offer. I was convinced my postal representative high-jacked my issue.

Coastalman

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I agree on the "The Last Open Road" books! I have the complete set and have reread them several times. A great read.
Charlie

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Reid - GREAT October Issue, I just scanned and read my copy from your email. as always, keep up the good work!!! jim:driving:

OP
AN6-TX

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag

OK - I am officially twitching now. I am going to PM you my email address - please send it if the offer is still open....

OP
AN6-TX

AN6-TX

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
The US Postal Service finally decided to deliver my October issue of Healey Marque...today (11/1). Here's to hoping November's issue is delivered in a more timely manner....

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Reid,
Can you suggest to the AHCA Board that it consider putting the Marque in plastic to mail as most of mine arrive looking like a drunken beaver got hold of 'em !
Thanks,
Mike

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Mike, this is a very old subject that has been rehashed innumerable times, and the bottom line is that it is thought not to be a good use of members' funds/dues. It is very expensive.

What I have done to address damaged mags is increase the paper thickness on the outer half-signature (the first four pages and the last four pages) beginning with the November issue, which goes in the mail Tuesday, November 12, so we shall soon see if that helps reduce the damage.

Remember also that Membership Director Mike Schneider will replace damaged issues on request. See the center column on page 4 of each issue of HEALEY MARQUE.