• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGC Abandoned MGC GT sighting

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
While driving home from his in-laws 3 or 4 weeks ago, Brian noticed an MG in the far back lot of a business (not sure what sort of business) He & Chelle rode up today to see if it was still there. It was. The people that owned the business were there, but not the car owner. They let him look it over good, pop the hood etc. It's a '69, pale primrose, with the big snap down sunroof, 26 or 29xxx miles. The interior is leather, in fairly good shape, very little rust on the car anywhere. He said the engine looked good too, but didn't know if it would start. Said it didn't look like a car that's been abandoned or neglected, but no one at the business there today knew much. They gave him the owner's phone number.

Brian's calling tomorrow and going to see if it's for sale or if the owner would be interested in selling it. Anyone here got a guestimate what it might be worth, what he should offer? Of course we don't know if the engine's seized or not either at this point.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Probably 100's of thousands of dollars.

Could you give me the telephone number?

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Oh Bruce, I'd love to give you the number, but dangit, Brian took the number and it's with him. I'm so sorry. But if Brian buys it, and you're still interested, I'll be happy to give you HIS number!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

JoshP

Jedi Trainee
It's sad to see an abandoned MG, or any classic in such a state.

There's an MGB GT a few miles from where I live in a similar situation, but it's a rust bucket. Obviously stolen, with no identifying info at all. I wouldn't mind having it for parts (it's a complete car), but I have no way to take possession.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Rope

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Or my trailer with the electric winch! 5 minutes, tops!

JoshP

Jedi Trainee
I would love to be able to just go and snag it. However, the car is on private property (abandoned as well), and "receiving stolen property" is something the law takes very seriously in my area.

That said, I could ask the people around the area about the car; if they'd care if I took stuff from it or hauled it away. I doubt that they would mind. From what little I could gather, it's a '74 with a pillowtop dash (?). Twin HIF4s, don't know if it has OD.

R6MGS

Yoda
I pulled a TR3 from a field that was in a similar state(stolen)....hooked up a tow bar and away I went...parted it out afterwards(this was the late 70's)

C_lvr

Freshman Member
10 years ago I bgt a C-GT off a garage lot. It had been driven there for repair, but a lady left the street, crossed the sidewalk and used the left side of the C to stop her momentum. I paid 1400 for a running but beat up '69 C-GT. This is old info, but I don't know that C's have skyrocketed in value. If they have, someone please wake me up.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Brian called and left a message with the owner. The message on the answering machine said, "If you're calling about any of my ebay cars, please leave your name and number." Brian hasn't heard back from the guy yet.