• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Group events

Photography

A couple shots from S.E. Asia

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A Thai dancer:

ThaiDancer2.jpg

early morning fisherman:

MorningFishing2.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And a few more found negs, scanned today:

img334sm.jpg

img317sm.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A more interesting image than the first one:

331sm.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A few more:

Fins1120sm.JPG

Thai equivalent of a street vendor
1132sm.JPG

Fruit & veggie "storefront" at a market
1093_2sm.JPG

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I’m guessing that first pic isn’t from your Estes rocket collection
ummm... nope. One of the shots I saw en passant while on the apron at EOD. The precise lineup caught my eye, the shot had nothing to do with the assignment so I kept it for myself. The actual job pix went off to DOD. Likely classified, I don't even recall what it was about. πŸ˜‰

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This guy is a hero. Still photographer, 601st Photo. He did a couple extended tours. In 1969 he was in a FAC OV-10 hit by ground-fire and spent the better part of two days on the floor in "Indian Territory" with a broken femur (from impact with the instrument panel on ejection). Considered him a friend. this was taken in 1973. We reunited a few years ago when he made a trip to St. Pete to attend a teachers conference. One of the truly Good Guys.

BobM.JPG

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
fishmonger.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That fishmonger is one of my favorite images from the Thai markets.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Incidentally, the market photos were taken with a Miranda G camera, a Soligor 24mm lens, on Ektachrome 200. Exposure info lost to time.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Another of my fave images.

fivegoingonfifty.jpg

Celtic 77

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Some truly great images... I often ask my 18-year-old grandson if they ever talk about Viet Nam in school. Rarely brought up so sad. Our 14-year-old granddaughter says they barely speak of 9/11. Horrible too. She desperately wants to see the museum and memorial. Someday soon. I find it a bit difficult though. Used to go to Number 7 on a US Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force. Decided not to go that day... close call.