• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Boyfriend for Diesela?

Wow. That's a lot of money for enough leftover restoration parts to nearly b uild a 300sl. Pretty engine and chassis though.
Coming from a mercedes restoration shop, it makes you wonder why they don't just put it together and ask more.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
That's rediculous! For that kinda $$$ It oughta come with a technician for a year to put it togeather.
Considering what I make a year, I'd offer my services!:devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
For better or ill, I ~do~ know the car well enough to DO the work. But even if I *could* afford it, the "responsibility of ownership" would be too daunting. If properly finished, it could likely fetch high six figures.

Dear Diesela will remain an only child.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have a friend whose cousin owned one. It needed new leather and the guy hired a good uphosltery man to do it. Turns out the doors wouldn't shut after it was initially done, because the leather was too thick. The guy had to remove the leather from the sills and put thiner leather on. Evrything on that car is made to such tight specs on that car that everything only had a couple of thousandths of an inch slop in it.

Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Dear Diesela will remain an only child.

with a long lost cousin?