• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Bargain?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yes the front bumper is too far out in front.

I had this problem too when I first restored my Healey
it was caused by the aftermarket front bumper brackets I used which are not properly reproduced.
I obtained an original set off E Bay and the problem was solved.
I can see in one of the photos that this is also the case with this car it is a buy for someone--Fwiw--Keoke

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yep, it looked pretty good too en it just about fit my pocket book.---Keoke--- :laugh:

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Something about this car bothers me. The car supposedly had a “very extensive body off restoration” and looks really shiny on first glance. But the photos of the underside make it look like it has taken a real beating, or was not completely restored.

Then if it's suppose to be a rally tribute BN4, it should have a hardtop, wire wheels and be painted Pacific Green over Florida Green with a green and gray interior.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Something about this car bothers me. The car supposedly had a “very extensive body off restoration” and looks really shiny on first glance. But the photos of the underside make it look like it has taken a real beating, or was not completely restored.

Well I am not sure but it certaily looks a bit haggard underneath as you say. I can see where it has been improperly jacked in the past and left the tell tale marks on the frame rails too,---Fwiw--Keoke

P.S. Maybe while the body was off they forgot about the frame--Keoke-- :laugh:

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Just goes to show you one man's taste does not suit another's with that choice of interior colors. Love the tuck and rolled side panels ! Agree with y'all about the frame and overall condition there. Looks like a cosmetic restoration to me and what else was not attended to ? White wheels are not my cup of tea either. Be real interesting to see if someone pays 36 large for this whenthere are so many other nicer Healey's out there done in the correct colorcombination. Anyway, just my opinion !!!
Regards,
Mike

red57

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Wonder how old those "New BF Goodrich TA Touring tires sized 185-70-15" are? Do they still make them? I thought BFG T/A Touring stopped being available in our sizes several years ago.

I also think it looks more like a cosmetic restoration. It really needs the tonneau support frames (maybe they have them but just didn't take the time to install for the pictures?) The bottom of the wings and the outer sills look pretty good so it may be a real solid car - the dents in the frame and sump don't put me off too bad but I would want to check closely in person.

The dash 'panel' for the stereo has to go IMHO - but that's just personal taste

B

Big6Mark

Stereo installation indicates the car has no heater.

Bumper is too low, too far forward and pointing the bumper down because they straightened the bumper brackets too much. Bothers me as much as those who show at concours without getting them back to where they should be or even level.

Frame is beat and the right front outrigger (under the passenger's feet) has been rebuilt - poorly. Possibly too much rust from being on the beach too many times?

Could have at least painted the sump to match the engine color, couldn't they?

Loovered bonnet looks funky - why do the loovers stop where the 100M(four) would have the bonnet strap when the 100 Six is hinged at the back? And didn't the 100 Six still have a rib in the bonnet when this car was built?

Oh, yeah: the "logo three eared spinners." They bought 5 of the AMCO shift knobs, prised the cloisonne badge out of four of them and glued them to the three eared caps. And they even showed that one of them is gone already!

Too much money spent on the wrong details.

C Ya,
Mark