• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

94 Mustang GT

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Have had a soft spot(mostly in my head) for 94-95 Mustang GTs. only year of that body style and the 5.0 roller motor. I bought this car from a pal..did a total engine rebuild...060 over..BBK ceramic headers and underdrive pulley system, 24lb. injectors, port and polished, cold air intake etc. Anyhow, got offered lots of money for it and it was gone. Owner isn't at all mechanically inclined, had a minor problem(bad coil) paniced and traded it for a new car. Original owner saw it and snapped it up. He in turn got in a jam and walked in and handed me the title saying it needed a good home. I had to trailer it to the shop because the original GT clutch couldn't take the extra power. So I ordered a heavy duty Cobra clutch set and after much cussing and bleeding finished it. Drove it home last nite. The 3inch stailess steel exhaust was a real hit when I pulled alongside a local(young) cop. It has buckskin leather and a 5 speed. Back on the market as soon as I get it detailed.

Attachments

• 20098.jpg
    20098.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 179

terp83

Jack:

I also have a soft spot in my head and heart for that body style. In 2002, I was fortunate to find a 1997 GT convertible with 44K for my younger son. It has the 4.6 with a 5-speed, tan leather, and metallic red. In the fall of 2003, he began his studies at Arizona State University in Tempe, and left the GT behind. On the Friday before Presidents Day 2004 (come to think of it, 6 yrs. ago tomorrow) we set out to take the Mustang out to him, leaving Zanesville and heading west on I-70. This was really an adventure for us, as I had never before been west of Indianapolis behind the wheel. We made it to Chandler, Oklahoma (on I-44 between Tulsa and Oklahoma City) the first night. We were back on the road at 6 a.m. Saturday, getting a fast food breakfast in OKC, lunch in Tucumcari, and dinner at the Sonic in Winslow, Arizona, and made it to Scottsdale before midnight. We flew back to Ohio the middle of the following week, leaving the car with our son.

At the end of the 2005 and 2006 school years, I was fortunate enough to be able to fly out, and drive back to Ohio with my son for each summer. The first year, we drove through Sedona and did the pink Jeep tour, stayed in Albuquerque the first night, and Lebanon, Missouri the second night. Taking the trip over three days is much preferable to the 2-day mad dash west in 2004. In 2006, we only made it to Gallup the first night, and Tulsa the second night.

The real hoot about the drive is that between Flagstaff and St. Louis (more than half the trip), the interstates follow old, historic Route 66. On the trips to Ohio, the back seat and trunk of the GT was filled with the stuff my son was bringing home. On the trips, the 4.6 never missed a beat and got us well over 20 mpg. The trip is just under 2,000 mi.

My son stayed in Arizona after his 2007 graduation, still has the GT, now in his own name under AZ registration. It is his daily driver, and just turned over 107K. He has made a couple of minor upgrades to the GT including aftermarket wheels.

Whenever I see a GT convertible in that body style, I smile, at least inwardly. Your GT coupe is a very nice example, but it sounds as though you are not planning to keep it long enough to make any memories of your own.

Jerry

V

vagt6

That is a really nice year for the GT.

Really, more HP bang for your buck than practically any other car, IMHO. Tons of fun to drive.

Keep the shiny side up, Jack! :lol:

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yesterday we sold my wifes 94 Mustang GT vert and today a goy is coming to look at this coupe...that will leave us with this old beat up vert if we need to feel the wind in our hair...dropped the top yesterday for a couple of pics...and took it for a cruise as thetemp was a bit above 60...

Attachments

• 20205.jpg
    20205.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 101