• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

67 parking/turn signal lights

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
okay, sent the fenders to the weld shop for repair. the original tin parking light cans are not avail. as far as i can tell. i have one original that has a single light. i looked in my mark IV handbook and it looks like the parking lights should have 2 bulbs. my schematic also shows what looks like two bulbs. the schematic also only shows 2 wires so the bulbs are not separate ... not sure what is correct.

spritenut

Luke Skywalker
UK models had 2 bulbs, one was a parking lamp which was much dimmer than the US "parking" lamps. In the UK they had to keep the parking lamps on all night if the car was parked in the street.
US modles used a standard 1157 duel filament bulb for the parking/signal lamp.

OP
fmichaels

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
thanks ... that's kind of what i remembered ... now to find replacement cans:(

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Not sure how authentic you want yours to be. I am making a chrome bumper out of a rubber bumper so I have to have the signal light holes closed up anyway. (they are oversize on Rubber Bumpers) I'm going with bugeye signal lights and actually prefer the look. I've seen a pic of one which I might be able to find if you are interested.

My 2 cents

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
UK models had 2 bulbs, one was a parking lamp which was much dimmer than the US "parking" lamps. In the UK they had to keep the parking lamps on all night if the car was parked in the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if my memory serves me right(I am going back 45 yrs) it was only one parking light left on in the UK and that was on the right side of the car (when the car was parked of course)

OP
fmichaels

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
i guess i was forgetting that the single socket can/holder takes a dual filament bulb and the red and green wires come from different circuit logic both to ground. therefore you get a park light and a turn signal light from one bulb. the problem i have is one can is gone/rotted and other is a mess. the cans are "N/A" and i want to have the original look. i have all the other pieces of the assembly except the cans.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and if my memory serves me right(I am going back 45 yrs) it was only one parking light left on in the UK and that was on the right side of the car (when the car was parked of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif only one side had to be lit.You could buy "parking lights" to fit on the roof or clip to the windows for this purpose.

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
fmichaels

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
actually i had forgotten that the car has no side turn signals. i'm not to sure, but i believe many cars including US cars lacked side markers back in the days. correct? or very wrong?

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Bugeyes have no side lights at all. I think a lot of that safety-concious stuff came out around 67-68 when federal safety and emissions standards went into force. I vaguely remember that the 68 Mustang was the first with side marker lights as well.