• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

65 Mustang

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm in the process of building my wife a virtually new 65 Mustang. Have it almost stripped(still have front and rear-ends to drop and rest of dash and wiring to go) and then it goes to Amarillo Tx. for soda blasting. Drag it back home and it goes on the new "spit"..then a small bit of bady work and hopefully I'll tinker on it thru the winter and it will be the major gift to my wife next Jult 5th...her reward for putting up with me for forty years of marriage. We've known each other since K-1....went together all thru school. Corny but true.

Attachments

• 6878.jpg
    6878.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 6880.jpg
    6880.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 62

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
What a deal. Well done, Jack! You're *both* fortunate.

philman

Jedi Knight
that's about the same condition my wife's '68 mustang is in. It's in the body shop now, comes back in about six months then I start to work on it again. New wiring kit, front power disc brakes, new front and rear suspension, hipo exhaust, new interior, etc. We've been married 20 years last july 2nd.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Don't know if anyone has noticed...but the car behind the Mustang is a near perfect(bodywise) 77 B roadster under the fenders and other stuff. Ran out of flat surface space so poor old B caught the overflow.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Must be a British connection to the Mustang somewhere, Jack. No engine in it, and it <u>still</u> has oil dry underneath! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Jeff

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
If you have followed everyones winter projects with alot less sophisticated cars, you'll be doing a miracle to finish on your date. So, if you don't, don't be to hard on yourself and enjoy what you have gotten done. Also, these projects always cost more than you think, so don't let that be a suprise. Do enjoy the trip and try to get the better half involved in the restoration.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
This was a show last Sunday. Every detail of this car was mint. Had little reminder tags all over the car to the new owner so they knew how to operate certain things. I think it was trailered.
8-19-07-Vanderbilt021.jpg

8-19-07-Vanderbilt022.jpg

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My first car in 1974 was a 1965 Mustang convertible, 289, 4 speed. Paid $300 for it. Should have kept it.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Should have mentioned that this is a 66.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Wonder where they got the redline tires on that Mustang? I'm looking for a set for my '85 XJ6.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
No engine and oil dry...still has the old auto. trans in it leaking from the shaft. Have sold all the 6 cyl. stuff along with a newly rebuild 200ci I had built for it, going all 5.0 4 speed with the correct rear and front ends. I was going to work on it today since I had finished the o/d trans installation on my 76 B...but opted to tear out the old messed up f/i system on my 911 and try to get the new system fitted. By some miracle it not only got pulled, installed and finished....but it actually started and runs. Shock of shocks. Tomorrow I'll flush the old fuel, replace the plugs and go blow it out. Now my biggest decision every day wil be what to drive. B...CGT...911...truck...nah...maybe the wifes beetle vert?? Probaly should put the XJ-6 on the road and at least have comfort.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Have you no idea what was goofy with the old 911 F/I?

...really glad to hear the new system sorted it, BTW.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I just punched in "Redline Tires" into google and got a lot of hits. Coker Tire came to mind when I saw your post.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, did the same &, except for Nitto, most were Coker who I knew about - was hoping there'd be something I could just buy locally.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
When the system went south I troubleshot it down to the fuel distributor....bought one off E-Bay from a reputable shop(ugh) got it and installed it. Exact same problem!! Sat back and thought about it for a while. Eventually bought a complete f/i set from a guy in AZ. Yesterday I repleced the fuel dist. and the throttle plate its mounted to, thinking maybe when the two are seperated it causes problems. Must have been correct as its working. Apparently the first part I bought was bad. Thats why I'm leary of buying off E-Bay.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Is the son gonna do the work? & I want to see more photos of that garage in the background - the one with the MGB GT in it!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Can't see in there well. Is it a 170 CID six or a 289?