• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A 54 TR2 project for sale. [I gotta do it]

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Quickie heads up for you loyal 'rumphies here in the forum before I post it officially. Due to time, money and space my coveted TR2 project needs a new home. Intrest is still there, the money is not.
This car is a 54 short door TR2. Comm# TS5012L. The frame is in excellent shape, the body is very solid(floorpans and rockers fine).all sheet metal there.
car is 95% complete with only trim things like bonnett hinges and such missing.all major components there.
Car is dismantled. I do not have the original engine block.
I do have the original head.
Comes with 2 engines/ 3 heads, 2 trannies, wire and steel wheels, 2 radiators, some of new parts.
I do not have any paperwork for this car.
Asking $5500 for this first-year, solid TR project car.
located in the fingerlakes region of NY. no shipping available.
If no response very soon then I'll be posting a classified. If it does sell through this post, I will make sure to donate the cost of the classified to the BCF anyway.
thanks guys, PM me for more details. or email at
berway(insert at symbol here)stny.rr.com

K

KSIS

Banjo,
Sorry to hear about the sale. If I had the room I would take it and keep it local. I still need to stop by and take a look.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
KSIS,

You could buy it and let it stay where it is in storage until you have room or the situation changes. Just a thought.

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I dunno Ksis... seeing it all complete running around locally may be torture! hehehehehe. C'mon over an take a look if ya want. I gotta get everything organized and pulled out so I can take pictures.
It's half buried in the garage right at the moment. This car has been in dry storage since the mid 60s according to the guy I got it from.
a bit more info.
Sub assemblies already restored include Generator, starter, heater unit, many brackets,
Has complete head, intake and carbs for both the TR3 and TR4a motors, head and intake only for the TR2. I have the original painted valve cover, nice hub caps for the steel wheels, most of the original weather gear including the side curtians. usable seats, a 90 percent complete TR2 tool kit in the original roll still in excellent shape, it also comes with the front disc brake setup from a TR4A that can be bolted on if desired.
the bonnett has 2 rows of louvers that were done very nicely in the 50s or 60s, the original color of this car was geranium.

K

KSIS

How can you sit there with a smile on your face and tease me like this. I would have to become very creative with SWMBO.
I would however like to come over and take a look. If you need help digging her out, let me know.

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Can you post some pictures? A picture is worth a thousand words. I would love another 2 or 3 and have been looking for years. Unfortunately, you are a LONNGGGGG way from SC.

K

KSIS

Hope you dont mind Ben

TS5012-TR2%20trip%20006.jpg

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
not a problem . that's a pic of it a few years back when I picked it up. All tha sheet metal is there (although not in the pic) and you get the gist of how solid it is in that shot.
this week is pretty full with my much anticipated, annual, living history campout coming up this friday so "diggin out" time is nil. but next week should be better.
more pics soon.
got a meeting tonight Ksis, but tomorrow or wednesday evening would probably be fine.
My garage is an absolute mess. I gotta get a hole cleaned out for my trailer with the camping gear in it, so I'll probably be out there
YOu got my number? If not I'll P.M. it to ya