• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2002 XKR

Country flag
Looking at a 2002 XKR, any comments> Pro or cons.

Is it that much better than the XK8, I am not up to speed on the newer jags.

Any and ALL feed back appreciated.

Marv

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
Aluminum, and around 1K pounds lighter than the XK8. More complicated too.

JBsZ06

Jedi Hopeful
Actually I believe they weigh the same (give or take a few lbs) the XKR is the supercharged version of the XK.

good luck.

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
I am a 2005 XK8 owner (my wife's car)... the suspension might be tighter and ride might be rougher with the R.

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
I'm over the speed thing and less complicated the better but wondered would it help resell in the future. There's not that many of them (XKR) verus the XK8? This one seems to be at a decent price.

Marv

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
When I was looking for my wifes car, I actually found more R's than 8's for sale. Didn't want to deal with maintenance from an aging supercharger.

Pete