• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2000 Trooper at auto salvage

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It never ceases to amaze me...found this locally right after it was deposited at a local salvage yard. Parents taught the college student son not to eat, smoke or otherwise abuse this Trooper...just didn't know how to check the oil. After it stranded him in the middle of the White Sands Missle Range at nite, the dad had it towed 300 miles, troubleshot and determined that it was "only" worth between 6-7k, they'd junk it. I got it right as they were leaving it, order an engine out of Texas(63k miles and a warranty) and it should be here today or tomorrow. 2wd, 3.5 V-6 auto. Loaded and perfect interior, paint and body...four brand new Dunlops just put on. I have no need of it, but like stray animals, homeless people and every other abandoned thing, I rescued it. Anyhow..vehicle has 116k over the road miles and engine 67k. If we didn't have the Durango, this wuld have been a keeper...anyone interested???

Attachments

• 11315.jpg
    11315.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 191

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
neat - I'd love it but tragically not right now

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What kind of price are you trying to get for it?

- Doug

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Don't really know..The engine will be delivered today(wed) and then I have to prep. it for installation. Going to replace the timing belt since its out and easy to do, and do a major tune-up also. If I didn't have so many vehicles we'd keep it...Everyone thats seen it is amazed at how clean and undamaged it is. As soon as it gets done, I'll let you know what we'll be asking for it.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
FINALLY....after alot of parts changing(long block that was delivered had nothing on it) and prepping both the engine and the bay, the engine is in and running. I had lots of help as its a tight fit and we left the a/c comp. on the vehicle and had to be worked into position as we lowered the engine down. I was under the compartment guiding it down, Bill..an MGB ownerwas on his back to the rear running the jack to the trans, Rob and Ed...a flight engineer and a loadmaster from the special ops. group at the base, worked the top side. My freind Wanza...a retired Air Force avionics troop, probaly saved the day by keeping the whole thing coorordinated. We've been in the 100s here for the past week so a fun time was had by all. Today is the hood, oil change and final inspection before the test drive. Then it goes on the market after detailing. Our biggest worry with all us us being Air Force types was the jack operator....BIll ..is an ex Navy puke..we all worried about him:smile:

R

RonMacPherson

Well YEAH!,, should have changed the jack handle for a mop handle. Then there would have been NO concerns......

USMC 65-69(would have been longer, but an AK-47 projectile decided it wanted to get really acquainted with my right upper arm.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Ouch.....closet I came was when we got rocketed one nite(one of many) at Danang and as I hit the deck most of the upper wall went away. Dust, dirt and concrete got us but thankfully the shrapnel missed me but dinged a few unlucky souls..one guy got it under his top lip, chipped a tooth and nicked his nose as it went by....very lucky. Also...a guy that live two doors from me was at Danang the same time...he was Force Recon...four tours...lots of holes in him but he made it....we were partners in a business for a while and it was then that we found out we had actually crossed paths over there. I took a few pics of some very scary looking dudes standing outside the exchange at monkey mountain. He was one of them. Guy next to him was a Capt...holding a stoner...also lives here in our town. Small world.

R

RonMacPherson

Really small. Bravo company 3rd Amtrac Battalion.

Chu Lai in 66, then we moved up to the south of DaNang. So we were neighbors. I got mine on the 5th of May 68. A couple of earlier scratches on patrol(don't let anyone tell you that non-infantry Marines never went on patrol)but nothing to even write a report on about.

Used to drive a PC occasionally. So we did the rotational driving duties for Division. Musta been doing something right cause the guys at S-4 would always request me to drive for them. That was fun driving around the countryside carrying a couple of brass wearers at breakneck speed evading the "bumblebees" that always seem to appear around certain villages. Got real good at being able to see where the road surface was disturbed up ahead, so knew when to swerve. Had a little local pup that I rescued one time and he became kinda the company mascot. Was fun watching him tussle with the German Shepherd guard dogs. Sadly when we were working with the ROK's, when I came back from patrol one day was offered stew and found out it was my former pet... Not a happy camper that night. But in there culture dogs were food.