• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1997 XK8 interior

mccorry

Freshman Member
Hi:

I'm new to this forum and new to a 1997 Xk* that I have just purchased. I have to say I'm delighted with the car: it's the first Jaguar I've ever owned, but I don't think it will be the last!

For the most part the car is close to perfect however, the centre control console has a couple of issues. The blue temperature control button (down arrow) and the red temperature control button (up arrow) have are both worn down considerably thorugh lots of use and accordingly the black finish has been worn off and the blue and red base colours seep through. It's obviously not a major problem but it looks a little tacky, especially so at night when the backlight is active.

Is it possible to have these individual buttons replaced or does an entire new centre console need to be purhcased? Estimated costs?

Also the rear foglamp on/off button on the centre console appears to have no backlight. I assume a bulb is gone.

Again, is this a big job for repair?

And one last thing... The steering wheel has become quite shiny through the years of use. Can anyone recommend a good interior cleaner that could be used on the steering wheel that would return the wheel to a much more matt finish?

Minor gripes, I know, but I'm glad about that: everything else about the car is 100%!!

Thanks in advance,
K

Radford

Jedi Knight
Welcome Agent K,

My dad has one of these, although it appears yours has seen more "handleing" than his. Terry's Jaguar Parts should have some of the small trim parts you need, and I favor GRIOT's interior cleaner.

You'll find lot's of people eager to help out on this forum. Please remember to be involved and not just lurk.

Rad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif