• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 1969 Triumph TR6 passenger seat

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Need a little help here. I'm in the process of gathering parts for a 1969 Triumph TR6 that is getting restored. Been looking for a passenger seat since last summer. The one with the fold down head rest. Dose anyone know of one out there that I can acquire? Don't really want to change the style of seats because I'm doing this car as close to original as possible.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Apologies of this is obvious, but eBay? Set up a search for the model year you want and let it run until you find one you want.

(Warning - you can end up with a lot if stuff you really don't need this way. Ask me how I know)

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
What's your feed back number. Mine's 156. Built most of my TR250 from ebay parts and sales. Great tool no matter what anyone says. Search has been entered for 6 - 7 months. No luck yet. Anyone know of a good WANTED PARTS LIST for TRs I can get on?

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Mine is 302! Ebay is an obvious choice, also any of the vendors of used parts - in your area maybe Ted at TSI? Also, an internet scan of all the regional Triumph clubs might get you a lucky find. For a wanted list, try the VTR website.

Those seats were a 1969 only item, that alone will make them more difficult to find. Besides, the flip down feature makes them a pretty slick, I had them once in my first TR6 and I wouldn't mind having them again as a mild update in my TR4. So watch out for last minute bidders if you find them on ebay...

Good luck
Randy

D

DougF

Try looking in Hemmings Motor News. There are always several vendors advertising. One is Scott Harper in Warren OH. (330)392-7176

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks for the help. VTR looks like the best option. Team Triumph Scott Harpers place is 5 miles from my house. He's on the look out too.

R6MGS

Yoda
When you say the style with the fold down headrest I assume you mean the later style with the headrest seperate from the seat? I just sold one rough black set of that stlye on ebay about a month ago...bought a new set from someone local for my car. That same guy I bought my seats from has another used but nice set in the darker tan color(Autumn leaf?) that I agreed to purchase from him, but couldn't fit in my car, so he's agreed to deliver it next time he's in my area to visit his son who lives near me. When he does deliver the seats to me I'll let you know, and get some pics.

D

DougF

Another person to check with would be Bill Katz in Prospect, PA. On ebay, he's ziggy....., I don't remember the numbers.
He gets an occasional TR6 in. There are other vendors in Hemmings that may have something.
If you don't find anything by May, there is always Carlisle.
Have you contacted Doug Braden in the Columbus, OH area.

swift6

Yoda
R6MGS said:
When you say the style with the fold down headrest I assume you mean the later style with the headrest separate from the seat?

The '69 only seats don't have a separate headrest. It is a larger headrest and it folds forward so a flat tonneau can be fitted. Then the seats changed to a fixed non folding head rest (tonneau needs pockets for the head rests)and then went to the adjustable/removable headrest like you are referring to.

In this pic, my car (foreground) has the fixed headrests. The bluish TR6 in the background is a 69 with the correct seats. See how much larger the headrests are? The roll bars are identical so they make good 'yard sticks' for comparison.

PA140039.jpg

Country flag
TR3A/TR250

I saw your ad in VTR this morning about the 69 TR6 seat. I am going to the "Farm" this morning, that's where I keep all my parts. I think I remember I have a set of 69 seats left from I car I parted out years ago. Do you have the correct 69 wheels, they are little different as well so Rosytle hub caps fit. Just sold last set of them and hubcaps.69 did have several littel differnces. The gas cap is styled a little different as well.

Will let you know today about seat.

Marvin Gruber

R6MGS

Yoda
Thanks for the info and pic Shawn /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I am looking for the correct 69 seat where the head rest drops forward to make room for the tonneau cover. The head rest does look to be out of proportion to the seat. By the way nice cars!

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I believe the wheels are correct. Possibly some of the studs are broken off. However today I just purchased caps and rings from Team Triumph. Scott didn't think I'd find the correct Rosytle caps. This car is rough in appearance. I found it in the back corner of a body shop. Owner claims it has been in his shop since 1982. No rust. I/4" of bondo dust on and inside the car. Got the motor to turn over but no start. No spark. Looks like it had an Earl Schibe paint job. Grill and gas cap are painted. Of course every brake part and clutch is frozen up. Oh ya overdrive too with striped hoses. Oh wow!