• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1949 MG YT

JSpears

I just purchase a '49 MG YT and was wondering if anyone else has/had one. I know it shares a lot of parts with the MG TC and TD. I am just not sure which parts are shared.

Thanks,

Jim

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I had never heard of one.
Had to do the Google.
Interesting.

David_K

Jedi Hopeful
Not too many in the states that still survive. Good luck with your research. Post some pictures so we can see your rare specimen!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Longtime BCF member Steve_S used to have an MG YB saloon (and he still has a ton of other MGs). You can find him on the User List link or Click Here.

David_DuBois

Jedi Warrior
Go to the Y type Register web site at: https://www.mgytypes.org/for information on the YT. It is a convertible version of the YA and YB, both salons. You can also find a forum for Y types on the MG Cars Enthusiasts' Club site at: https://www.mgcars.org.uk/index.html Click on members only and register as a member (no cost). Go back to the main menu and click on Bulletin Board, then on MG Y type.
Cheers,

Steve_S

Yoda
Quite a few mechanical parts are shared with TD. In fact the TD was built from the general design of the early Y-Type. I agree with Dave, join the Y-Types forum linked above and bookmark the Y-Types.org web site.