• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1926 Dodge Brothers Business Coupe

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yesterday an older gentleman came to my shop asking if I bought older cars?? I said what do you have, and he handed me a list. I read it and after picking myself up off the ground..I asked what he wanted for the 26 Dodge. I'm meeting him at his house out in the country today to lay eyes on it...with a pocket full of cash, my truck and trailer. He said its drivable..and complete. Has new tires, plus all original. Has a ton of old cars but nothing foreign.

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
Wow, not often you get handed opportunities like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
After visit, REPORT. Don't forget camera.

Yes! Do tell, what else was on the list!!!!

Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

It'd be interesting to see what he's got. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Yea, go Pick up what ya want, an throw us the scraps!!!

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Pair of 63 Rivieras(sp) one complete..one for parts...a rooling complete(except eng/trans) 41 Chevy four door deluxe..mount a gun on top and make a great battleship. 60 olds four door...68 Chevy four door..has 307 aout, a/c..drive away it and the Olds. 48 Ford F-1 pick-up..may be sold to guy in Dallas. Yoy have to remember, these cars are basically rust free desert cars. I'm going tomorrow(friday) to try to collect the 26 Dodge Brothers car. Tried yesterday but he had over forty folks showing up for Thanksgiving from all over....I'm SOOOO glad I have a small family and most are back East.And yes..my camera is in the truck. I also picked up another truck. Its a beautiful 90 Chevy, heavy haslf, four inch lift kit, 4.3 Vortec with cable shifter, new custom paint, 2k worth of new wheels and tires. Guy died at 47 after finishing it, brother in another state sold it to me for 2000 bucks. I'm going to color sand and buff and flip it.

63 Riviera is a nice looking car... I'd wonder about torque steer though with a v-8 FWD car.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
My dad's neighbour has a '63 Riviera......he needs a new fender and chrome strip to repair accident damage. Could the parts car be parted out, or does the guy want to sell the whole car? He might want to buy the whole parts car, but then again, he might also be interested in the driver.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
63 Riviera is a nice looking car... I'd wonder about torque steer though with a v-8 FWD car.

[/ QUOTE ]Those Rivieras were RWD, unlike the Olds Toronado that came out in '66. Those likely DID have some torque steer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oh... Brain ****... I was picturing the Toronado in my head.

And now I know what people are saying when they say "wow, you can't say **** on here?"

RomanH

Jedi Knight
Kenny,
The '66 Toranado and Eldorado did not have any torque steer.
The engine was mounted longitudinally not transversly. Torque steer is generated by the transversly mounted cankshaft.

R6MGS

Yoda
I've always wanted a Riviera...preferably a 69, but I'd take any 60's-70's too. Unfortunatly they're pretty scare around here.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Those Riviera's do sound tempting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif That first series of them is a design classic, I see a few of them here in Calgary