• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

16" Panasports

beez

I'm considering some 16" Panasports for my TR6. The ones I've been looking at are +6 offset and 4.25" backspacing.

With this work on the TR6? I've seen some places where they are using 0 offset.

Thanks,

Adam

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
4.25" backspace? That will be cutting it mighty close, some of it will depend on what tires you mount. I've mounted 17x8" Bullit wheels on my '4A, with a nominal 4" backspace on the rear. This brings me very close to rubbing the trailing arm with the 245/45/R17 Goodyears I currently have mounted. You should see if you can to a "try before you buy" and see how they mount up.

G

The Moss 16x7s are +6 offset. Dunno about backspace, but I guess it must be 3.75. I have them on mine with 205/65s. There is a little rub reversing at full lock (even after I turned the top bolts round). Other than that they are fine. Rears are fine.

With 4.25 backspace you must be looking at 16x8s? If so they'll be too wide on the front, you'll rub like crazy.

There is nothing worse than the eerk sound of new alloy wheels getting peeled by the suspension either...

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
With 4.25 backspace you must be looking at 16x8s? If so they'll be too wide on the front, you'll rub like crazy.

There is nothing worse than the eerk sound of new alloy wheels getting peeled by the suspension either...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one advantage to going to 17" rims - the tire will hit the frame before the rim hits the suspension. Once I get my car rolling I'm going to address that issue.

OP
beez

beez

Thanks guys. These wheels are for the 280z and I figured they were the specs as the TR6 but I thought I would ask before I went ahead and made the purchase.

Is there a document somewhere that has a list of the offsets and backspacing that will work on a TR6?

Thanks,

Adam

G

240/260Z wheels do fit. Are you sure about the backspace number? If you have 7" wheels then a 6mm offset would give
a backspace of 3.75"

Offset = Backspace - (Rim Width Ă· 2)

Source: https://www.yokohamatire.com/utwheels.asp

Are you looking at zcarparts.com? I nearly bought mine from there, but Moss had a sale last Sept that made the price the same and I got free shipping.

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Michalotti,
How did you adapt the 5 bolt pattern for your Bullit wheels to the 4 bolt Triumph hub?

OP
beez

beez

Alan,

It is zcarparts.com. They are a bit more expensive than some other places, but they have the wheels in stock.

That's interesting that the specs they were giving me don't add up. I guess I'll go ask them again at the risk of offending them.

Thanks,

Adam

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Michalotti,
How did you adapt the 5 bolt pattern for your Bullit wheels to the 4 bolt Triumph hub?

[/ QUOTE ]

Used a two-piece adapter, it also helped with the offset issue on the Bullit wheels. Since I got a good set of 245/45R17 tires included with Bullit wheels, I had to use a two inch adapter at the rear to insure clearance of the trailing arm. This then means the tires will stick out beyond the fender lip.

G

Well if you get the titanium ones and decide you want silver instead then I'll swap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pa297pass

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Michalotti:

Do you have any pictures with the Bullit wheels installed? ... I looked on your website but couldn't find any. Thanks.

Matt

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
Not yet Matt, but this weekend promises to be a red-letter day as I should get the front wheels on and roll the body out of the garage for the first time in 4 years! 'Rustoration' has proved to be very tedious. If I actually get it done, I'll see if I can get pictures of it and post it.

Ab Crevoiserat

Jedi Hopeful
TRy Konig Wheels and American Racing they bothe have new Wheels that are styled on the Minilites and Panasports

skikir

Jedi Hopeful

Attachments

• 168296-P1010075s.JPG
    168296-P1010075s.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 54

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
If I actually get it done, I'll see if I can get pictures of it and post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATE: Got the wheels on, but it's not down off the ramps yet - so no pictures. Maybe next weekend if I can get the POR on the car.