• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

100 a.h. parts found

just went to a buddys house to give some advice on how to hang his barn doors,looking around i noticed he had a trench mad of blocks that was onc a swimming pool,i look inside and see an austin healy 100,ok before ya star salivating,its been cut up and laying there for years,the bodys shot but all the parts are there,i got the winshield minus glass and the entire front end all bolted to a 3foot section of chassis all latches hinges and the rear end with suspention,i own a BJ-7 so cant use this stuff ill hve to go back and clean the area some more but i know the entire car is there.ill try to make up an inventory and post anything that can be saved,im a newbie!so im not certain if i should have listed this find in another area but i got so excited i had to tell someone that would /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gifunderstand.thanks

OP
A
steve,its still dificult to tell,the healy has been cut up like meat loaf slices and is among at least 4 other cars that are cut up the same way.1 a chevy delivery late 40's vintage,a dodge someting or other,1930's ford and a couple others,all laying adhock amongst eachother imagine all this in a cinder black inclosed pit 35 by 35 foot pit,10 feet deep.i did as i said manage to pull the entire front end still attached to 3 feet of chassis,all parts are still there hub to hub.no wheels yet.can see rear trunk area.on its side,with rear springs attached,some front fender fragments,bits of stainless,have not yet located firewall,\ with vin tag,also pulled out windscreen frame,with corner posts.looks like its a folding type.im going to try to get over there today mon 4-11-05 with a generator and mighty saws all to try and clean up surrounding area.its been a long time since ive had this much fun!ill keep you posted.i fell like an archaeologist,let me know if anyone out there has got a small masonry trowel and disposable paint brush.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
Hi Steve,
Sounds interesting. I am in need of a pair of alloy brake drums for a BN1. Could you have a look for me?
Cheers, David.

OP
A
yes il be clad to.the front end is all kes all there,to tell you the truth buy the time i got the entire thing out it was dark,but yes it has the drums on it but didnt notice if they are aluminum or not,you wuold be surprised at how much the assembly weighs when all together,were use to handeling individual components,ill let you know in a day or so,ill try to get them off.i tried spinning them but no dice so far.next-the hunt for the engine rear end and firewall.keep ya posted

OP
A
Re: 100 a.h. parts found

steve,sorry but the drums are steel,i took some pictures this afternoon,im trying to figure out how to post them.can not find the engine but did find the fire wall but was so rotten the area that holds the vin tag was gone,one of the rear spring at the shackle was cut through,but the other is o.k. have not yet located the rear axle,most small hardware like door catches[frame side]and trunk catch have been retrieved today,also what i believe to be the stearing columb to this car it has the two holes at the bottem of the control arm thats the adjustable one just like the one on the moss sight,also have the fuel pump but think the only thing good on it is the top cover,and a green cut off switch,the dash has not yet been found,the lower rear panel,the one that goes under the trunk is in remarkably good shape but was cut horizontally r/s agross the stop light and i havent found the 6-8 inch piece yet,ill go back a couple more times befor the ticks get going to hard its starting to warm up here and ive had lime desease once dont want it again,ill let you know of any other finds,sorry about the steal trums.

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
Re: 100 a.h. parts found

Anthony,
By the sound of it it would seem to be impossible to tell at this point. It's amazing at how thoroughly destroyed the car seems to be. The only way to tell without the serial number plate is the rear fenders have the swage line extending rearward from the wheel arch. But by the sound of things, there may not be enough of them left to tell. Keep us updated.
Steve