• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

100/6 BMC parts manual

Bob Hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
:savewave:Just dug out my genuine 100/6 parts manual that I had given to me by an Austin dealer way back in 1974, the spring clip had rusted and I had removed it ages ago to prevent the paper from being further damaged and a mouse had chewed up the top edge a little for 50mm on the first 8 pages, nothing serious though.
I found a replacement clip and have rivetted it back in after drilling some extra holes as everything is now A4 size and after cleaning up the cover. It looks great. Trouble is I sold the 100/6 and have now got a BJ7 now :crazyeyes: Still, worth keeping I suppose.

Bob

bob, its nice to see you took the time to rehab the book, there is always interest in these publications, perhaps one of our fellow bcf.ers. would be interested and there is always graigs list and ebay. :savewave:

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
That 100/6 manual sounds nice. Do you have any pictures of it.
Is it the one with the blue plastic binder?

OP
B

Bob Hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Guys

BabaKahawa Yes - it is in the blue plastic covered binder with a title - Austin.

Healey106 - Not sure what you are getting at. There is no publication reference other than on the front of the binder - Part No. AKD730 (Binder only) and there is no publication date that I can see. Inside on one of the pages there is a statement that it is:- loose leaf for ease of the Austin Distributers to keep an up to date record and that it has been split into sections for easy reference.
There is a number A9522 just below the sample plate shown on the first page but that is about it. Over the page it states that the manual covers:-
BN4 commencing engine number 22880, commencing date June 1956
BN4L commencing engine number 22598, commencing date May 1956

When I figure out how to post photos I will put some on.

Regards

Bob

OP
B

Bob Hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Try this for the front of the Binder
014.jpg

Inside on the first page
015.jpg

Clearly on display the rodent damage
016.jpg

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
I have one for 3000...found it the pther day...better shape...same problem..have a 100 now..

Pete

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
Bob;
That is a great find.....
Thanks for the info....

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
How much for the rodent?

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
But it was infused with Healey knowledge.

umm, please tell me\us if the mouse was on the night shift or the day shift?, was it a he/her?,can you tell to us how many paragraphs and periods were used in its description, also the color of your face and that of the mice when you descoved this publication?...
grin.gif

OP
B

Bob Hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
:lol:

Got to give you guys your due, you can see good in everything and certainly research things to the Nth degree.

Anthony - the air was blue and the face red with rage when the damage was discovered. I'm afraid to say the trap took no prisoners so the face of the mouse was a bit distorted to say the least, and I'm no expert when it comes to sexing them, just to say it was one dead mouse.

And remember, it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!