• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General MG Surprisingly enough, I was right!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I was looking back through some of my old threads looking for a picture, and came across this thread from 2016 when I bought my MGB back for the second time:

> MGB - An old friend comes home - I have an MGB again <

In that thread I made this bold claim: "No one believes me (and with my history I can't blame anyone) but I'm done buying and selling for a long time. My dear wife understands this purchase, but I'm definitely OUT of indulgences."

Here I am now in 2022 and I still have the same 3 cars. So it actually worked! Who knew I had it in me. :bananawave:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Here I am now in 2022 and I still have the same 3 cars. So it actually worked! Who knew I had it in me. :bananawave:
I didn't :ROFLMAO: (and 2022 isn't over :rolleyes2: )

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I had a good time trying all those cars, it was really fun for a while. Helped me figure out what I like. I'm happily settled with what I have, at least for a while. i'd never guarantee that I wouldn't sell one of my current cars, or add something different, but there isn't the pull to do it like there used to be. Old cars are also getting more expensive, so there's that as well. 🤑

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I had a good time trying all those cars, it was really fun for a while. Helped me figure out what I like. I'm happily settled with what I have, at least for a while. i'd never guarantee that I wouldn't sell one of my current cars, or add something different, but there isn't the pull to do it like there used to be. Old cars are also getting more expensive, so there's that as well. 🤑
I must say that I am on the cusp of moving from the accumulate/ restore stage to the go out for ice cream and enjoy stage.

OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I must say that I am on the cusp of moving from the accumulate/ restore stage to the go out for ice cream and enjoy stage.
It's a good place to be. Two of my cars are actual cars now (even though the Morris needs front bearings) so I'm down to just one that is only the suggestion of a car. First time since I've had more than one car. Kinda fun to be able to drive them, who knew?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
It's a good place to be. Two of my cars are actual cars now (even though the Morris needs front bearings) so I'm down to just one that is only the suggestion of a car. First time since I've had more than one car. Kinda fun to be able to drive them, who knew?
weird eh?!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I'd like to buy my 72 back I sold to a guy in Austin Texas. I doubt very much it looks like it did when I owned it, but I wish I never sold it! :rolleyes2:

Attachments

• Our 72  MGB.jpg
    Our 72 MGB.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 35
OP
drooartz

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'd like to buy my 72 back I sold to a guy in Austin Texas. I doubt very much it looks like it did when I owned it, but I wish I never sold it! :rolleyes2:
That's a tough one. I was lucky to be able to buy my MGB back, of all the cars/bikes I've owned it's the only one I regretted selling. I'm very happy to have it back, and have it back on the road.