• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Last WW II CMOH recipient

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
The Last WWII-era Medal of Honor recipient, Hershel "Woody" Williams, has died at 98.

His citation:

Last edited:
Country flag
Ok, makes more sense, the title shows WWI and I thought, wow he really made it a long time. But WW2 is more understandable as surviving this long. Hope he had a good post war life to go along with service to be proud of.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thank you, sir, for your service.

Williams_HW.jpg

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Ok, makes more sense, the title shows WWI and I thought, wow he really made it a long time. But WW2 is more understandable as surviving this long. Hope he had a good post war life to go along with service to be proud of.
I've corrected my typo.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thank you, sir, for your service.
I had the privilege of meeting these three men back in Squadron Officer School (SOS). One of them, Major Bernard Fisher, I had actually met before when I was around 13 or 14 in the Boy Scouts while Dad was stationed in Germany. He was a guest speaker at our scout troop and mingled with us boys for quite a while afterwards.

IMG_1146 Large.jpeg