• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Woo Hoo Regognition

rovernut

Jedi Trainee
Well we've finally hit the big time and got our own forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF Welcome all Rover Nuts and thanks to Basil for providing it

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
It was the least I could do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Now get your Rover friends over here to make this an active forum!
Basil

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
There is a Rover 3500 rotting away in the front yard near where I work. Knocked on the guy's door cause I thought his engine would fit nicely in my MGB, but he doesn't want to sell. I get the feeling it will sit there forever.
Rick
85 TVR 280i
78 MGB
78 Spitfire (parting out)

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Does this include Land Rovers?! If so I've owned two and love them. My first was a '88 Range Rover, my current is a '99DII. I will attach a photo of my Rangie, this was taken on the Cabot Trail in Novia Scotia.

Attachments

• 117882-NovaScotiaCapeBreton15med.jpg
    117882-NovaScotiaCapeBreton15med.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 154

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Here is my current Landy. This was taken in Bar Harbor on the land bridge to the porcupine key during low tide.

Attachments

• 117884-AcadiaRoversmall.jpg
    117884-AcadiaRoversmall.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 150
OP
rovernut

rovernut

Jedi Trainee
Re: Woo Hoo Regognition

LOL i'm sorry but your Landy( and of course this forum applies to you.......its a Rover too) looks like its been sick....lost its top and shrunk into egads.......an Mgb LOL...nice shot of the kids tho........LOL

John Moore

Luke Skywalker

lol! Well I hope you checked out my Rover in the attachment and just not my sig photo! But I did buy my MG 'cause after I sold my Range Rover and got my Disco, I really didn't have anything I could fiddle with. The Range Rover I worked on extensively as it was 10 years old, but the Disco, being much newer, has been very reliable. (knock on wood) When I finish my MGB restoration, I have been considering getting a early Series IIa 109. I'm just tired of all the sensors and 'lectrics in modern cars.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag

John Moore... Nice picture! Driving the Cabot Trail (and visiting the Maritimes) is one of my dream trips.

And what better than a Range Rover to travel with.

Anyway, great idea for a forum. I'm a big fan of the Rover P6 series, wouldn't mind picking up one some day. And for some odd reason, as much I do like the Land Rovers, I have more of a hankering for the older Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4's.

John Moore

Luke Skywalker

Sherlock,

That was a great trip. I live just north of Albany, NY. We started out across VT and NH, spent the night in Bangor ME before heading across the border. We saw the Hopewell Rocks in the Bay of Fundy, those tides are amazing, then headed up to Prince Edward Island, where we camped on the beach for three days. (We were pulling a pop up) We then headed to Novia Scotia and drove the Cabot Trail. Just amazing. We spent two days out there. Then drove back to Maine, where we camped another three days in Acadia National Park. I put close to 2500 miles on the old Range Rover. I would love to go to PEI or do the Cabot Trail in my MGB, that would be fantastic.

Speaking on Land Cruisers, when I had my Range Rover, I got that all the time. I would go to the parts store and say I need what ever part and they would ask me what make of vehicle. I would say Land Rover, then Range Rover and the guy behind the counter would go... "oh yes... Toyota"!

AltaKnight

Jedi Knight

I was on business in Halifax Nova Scotia back in March where I had an afternoon to myself. I took the rental car around the coast road stopping in at Peggys Cove, famous for the tv series.
What a beautiful drive, took a couple of hours to drive and lots of twisty up/down road, wish I'd had my TR6 there to really enjoy it.
Oh, and good luck to the new Rover site, I'm going to check that out myself

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Whee! I get to post a welcome to the forum for a forum. My first thought at the word rover was the Land Rover, but I soon remembered Rover Sedans that BL imported.
My first recollection of the Land Rover was of the dealer in Grand Junction, CO circa 68-72. They also sold Toyota Land Cruisers. Was that a conflict of interest?