• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Flasher mount

Ghimebauch

Freshman Member
Country flag
I can't seem to identify the electrical device that was mounted adjacent to the flasher. It is just to the right in this photo.

Worse yet, I failed to keep track of what its single lead was attached to before I pulled it out.

IMG_20141229_155946_035.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Looks like it might be a capacitor (filter) for radio noise suppression.

Mickey

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
No, I am sure it is a supercharger! Remember in the 60s we would believe any marketing stuff. (but really, I am going with Mickey)
Jerry

OP
G

Ghimebauch

Freshman Member
Country flag
No, I am sure it is a supercharger! Remember in the 60s we would believe any marketing stuff. (but really, I am going with Mickey)
Jerry

excellent. That makes sense. The radio is not on the checklist for restoration. No radio, no capacitor. Thanks. BTW, I am pretty sure it is not a supercharger

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Jerry
Remember the old JC Whitney catalogs? My Dad always said you could tell how big a scam it was, by how big the ad was. The "300 mpg carburetor" ads would always be the biggest, while the "adds 30 hp" were much smaller. :smile:

Here's a review I just found of some of the more popular ones:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/alternative-fuel/gas-mileage/1802932

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Thanks Randall, that was a walk back through time. I do think I bought one of the capacitors/filters for the radio interference in the late 60s. I put it on my Datsun 510. I loved that car but the radio was so poor, I could not hear it.
Jerry

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
I think it ionizes the fuel for doubling your gas mileage...My lightning rod recharger tech says he can also recharge your ionizer.

Scot1966

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Remember the old JC Whitney catalogs? My Dad always said you could tell how big a scam it was, by how big the ad was. The "300 mpg carburetor" ads would always be the biggest, while the "adds 30 hp" were much smaller. :smile:

I spent many summers happily looking at the JC Whitney catalog. My father had a '67 VW Beetle for a second car that eventually became my first car. I convinced my dad to order all sorts of things from that catalog for that car as the VW section was pretty good size. Those were the days !

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
They even used to carry a fair number of parts for TRs. I remember buying TR3 bearings, gaskets and an 87mm piston & liner set from them.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
They even used to carry a fair number of parts for TRs. I remember buying TR3 bearings, gaskets and an 87mm piston & liner set from them.

I have a 1972 catalog although it's one where they still called themselves "The Original Warshawsky & Co.". I loved pouring over it when I first got my TR4A dreaming of all the cheap parts I could have ordered if only it was 1972 instead of 1980. :smile: (Wire wheels for example!).

I scanned the 15 page sport car section here.

https://s802.photobucket.com/user/HerronScott/library/Warshawsky Catalog 1972

Scott

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
For many years (all my youth anyway) the order form in the catalog had descriptors on the boxes to be completed that read something like:

Make (Chevy, Triumph, etc) [ _________]

Model (Bel Air, TR3, etc) [__________]

Not sure if the Chevy Bel Air was the other example offered but recall clearly that TR3 was there. Nice, as I would just circle 'Triumph' and 'TR3' on my order.

Scot1966

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I didn't know it was Warshawsky & Co. first. I do remember the shaded shapes of the cars at the top of the pages to show the different sections. The Porsche, VW , and the Jeep I can see like it was yesterday ! Funny, but that catalog was such a good memory.