• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tom's new SLBC [Sorta Little British Car] !

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
My 1962 Humber Super Snipe Series 3.

Humber1962SuperSnipeSeriesIIIBritishCarDayBurlington2001-09-16008.jpg

Inline L-head 2965cc six, Zenith 42 WIA carburettor, power operated steering, power brakes, two-speed Borg-Warner DG250 (I think ...) automatic transmission with manual Low, full leather upholstery, wool carpet throughout, full walnut paneling, sliding choke control on the dash. Top rated speed 104mph, 121 BHP, high torque at low revs, etc.

And no foot clutch.

Needs some TLC (like me).

Various photos:

https://s224.photobucket.com/user/freemangarden/1962 Humber Super Snipe/story

I see a drive from PEI to BC in my future. Stay tuned ...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
YAY!!!

Well done, Sir!

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
More details please. I never heard of a Humber. I'd like to learn. Congrats.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Excellent! One of my all time favorite British car names.

Hope you have many good miles with it. :cheers:

Keith_M

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Love it! :arms:

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
I should start a big new web forum for the hundreds of thousands of other USA owners of the mighty Humber Super Snipe.

Of course - I'd be the only user ...

Judy - Humber's been around for a *long* time. Just not in the USA. Here's some basic info:

https://www.simoncars.co.uk/humber/humber.html

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Fantastic Tom! - congratulations, it looks a treat.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Congrats! That is a unique and cool choice!

By the way, you're not alone:

I took this (first photos) of a HSS this Summer about a mile from my house (at our annual BritFest event).

The second photo (same day) is a closely related Sunbeam sedan.

And the last photo was taken at a previous BritFest event. The car is also a closely related car called the Sunbeam Superleggeria.

britfest-2014-nj-21.jpg

britfest-2014-nj-4.jpg

BritFest08-Sundbeam-Superleggeria-a.jpg

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Nial the last photo is a friend's car-a Sunbeam Venezia, one of about 250 or so ever made. Tom congrats on buying the Humber, there is also one in the British Transportation Museum in Dayton Ohio https://www.britishtransportationmuseum.org/ Next August 1+2 will be the Tigers East/Alpines East United for all Rootes Group cars in Dayton, Ohio-I hope you can join us there! Eric

G

Yeah but homeland security is gonna be watchin' you now that you are a Super Sniper. :wink:

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Tell Homeland Security that I've had it in my Snipe Site for a while now ...

Comfy old saloons - I think Marlene Dietrich sang about the back room boys there, eh?

Eric - that August event is a great idea. I know a fellow TR nut in Ohio - would be a good chance to meet and greet.

Tom

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Wow Tom, Looks like you got yourself a winner! :winner1:Looks like it was well taken care of. Good luck with it! PJ