• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

7th Gen Accord

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
anybody with this car...have you changed your fluid and the PS seal at the pump?
Wow, what a difference.
BUTTER

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
We have an 8th gen.

Wonderful and boring car. One step from autonomous transportation.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nial- the seal they use in that is to small and leaks air over time
My wife has a 8th gen 4 cyl. It's a pig. The V6 screams

Greg-Have to heat it up a bit to squeeze it out but works fine then....Sheez!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
My wife has a 8th gen 4 cyl. It's a pig. The V6 screams

*I* want to scream when I drive any Accord.

Designed for the Stepford Wives.....and probably Stepford Husbands too.

It's kind of funny that it's often parked next to our Super 7. Slight contrast in design.

Here's the Accord outside in the snow a few hours ago.

Where it belongs. :devilgrin:

(pity about the other cars being out there though)

accord-snow.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So you put this in the pump? What is the viscosity?
k2-_f50dd8f6-ffdd-4306-8f80-af494f8bb633.v1.jpg
It's the wrong stuff Greg. That's for Canadian cars that want to temporarily stop by the side of the road... Park-ay.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
We have an 8th gen.

Wonderful and boring car. One step from autonomous transportation.

My wife isn't what you'd call a car enthusiast, but one time when we had to rent a car and wound up with a Corolla. When she used it the first time to make a trip to the store, she came back and asked what was wrong with the car. "What do you mean?" I asked. She said it feels like the steering wheel isn't attached to anything!. She's used to driving Mazdas.

Yes, just another totally reliable sensory deprivation chamber.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Any time I'm asked: "What car should I get?" by someone I *know* has no interest in automobiles or how they work, my reply is: "Toyota! All ya gotta know about it is how to turn th' key."

And in a similar vein, Mitsy's mom gave her a Dodge K-car many years ago. Mits called it her "Dodge Incipid." We thought about putting a BoulderTint on th' windscreen to that effect. One of the most pleasant days of my life was when I watched that thing leaving my sight on a Jerr-Dan on its way to the VFW car donation program.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I think it was me she disliked. The thing would run reliably for months for Mitsy but as soon as I even sat in it, something would break. From the timing belt to the headliner flopping onto my head at 70MPH... two brake master failures, heater valve rupture, steering pump fail, the list is long. Replaced the steering rack, struts, ball joints, CV's... It never appreciated my efforts. Hateful, hateful car.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sounds like Christine doc.

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My parents bought a Dodge Aries K-car when they came out. It was a 4 cyl and led to nearly every car they bought since being a V6. I remember innumerable engine problems and seeing dad come home some weeks with the borrowed company truck more often than the Aries because it had died in the parking lot again. It was super lazy when you tried to pull away from a stop sign on a good day. It started to have major problems anytime you went up hill with losing power. All the baffles had broken inside the muffler and would slide to the back, blocking the pipe, anytime it went uphill. When they traded it in on a new 93 Plymouth Voyager, the left side rocker panel fell off in the dealership parking lot. That Voyager became the last Dodge they ever owned. From there on it has been a parade of Chevys and Pontiacs.

G

I had a K with a bench seat and a four-on-the floor. It was actually kinda fun to drive for what it was. Sold it at a profit of course.:greedy_dollars: